We are looking for a creative and data-driven Senior Product Manager to join our Product team, responsible for owning the delivery and success of existing and future products. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding and as a Senior Product Manager at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to shape and define that experience for entrepreneurs and investors, and make it irresistible.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world’s leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so we’re enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 500,000 registered investors, and over 600 British businesses successfully funded on the platform, including Brewdog, Monzo, Eden Project and many more.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Product Manager at Crowdcube, reporting into our CPO, you will have ownership of the full lifecycle of products that have high levels of executive visibility because of their impact on strategic goals. Day to day you will:
- Develop unique, innovative, and compelling ideas for addressing user and business needs.
- Recognise opportunities for technology to address unsolved problems or improve user’s lives, while furthering the mission of the business.
- Gather data on user needs and behaviours in a variety of ways as well as carry out in depth data analysis to extract deep insights into the user behaviour and business performance.
- Conduct competitor analysis and monitor the evolving technical landscape and wider digital trends in the industry to identify how they may impact the business and your product.
- Anticipate potential bottlenecks to delivery before they happen, and work to proactively remove them before they have an impact to ensure delivery timelines stay on track.
- Identify and collaborate with key stakeholders and manage their expectations, ensuring they are kept up to date on progress, and bring them together to contribute valuable insights that will enable you to make timely and informed decisions.
Ideally you will:
- Have substantial experience managing complex products in a technology driven company
- Have a deep understanding of web and mobile development technologies, methods, and processes, and enjoy building demos, prototypes, and proofs of concept.
- Be comfortable performing data analysis using SQL, Excel, and/or Google Spreadsheets or analytics tools.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Have excellent written English, and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong sense of good product design and user experience gained from previous product management experience.
- Be willing to try your hand at any tasks needed to ensure the success of your product.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness, and strong personal values – you try to do the right thing, and are tenacious.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills – you tackle a problem in a logical, informed manner, weighing up all elements before making a call, with a keen eye for inconsistency.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that triggers learning over no decision at all.
- Are a curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Are a strong communicator, who can put together a compelling presentation for both internal and external parties, and has a natural flair for influencing others.
- Are humble, happy to admit when you are wrong, valuing the views and opinions of others, and having empathy for the different stakeholders involved.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard working, and we take care of our team:
- 60K – 80K DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- Conferences and training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and occasional team lunches, and lunch and learns.
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more…
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.