Two Year Contract – 35 Hours Per Week
As Canada’s largest agency serving at-risk, homeless and trafficked youth, Covenant House Toronto changes lives by providing the widest range of services and support to as many as 250 youth a day. A national leader, we educate and advocate for change by influencing public policy and delivering prevention and awareness programs. More than a place to stay, we provide 24/7 crisis shelter and transitional housing on-site and in the community, along with comprehensive services including education, counselling, health care, employment assistance, job training and aftercare. To do all this, we rely on donors for more than 80 percent of our $27-million annual operating budget. Our doors are open to youth 16 to 24 regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or the circumstances that have brought them to our doors. Since opening our doors in 1982, Covenant House has served almost 95,000 young people.
Purpose of position: To develop and implement a digital strategy that positions Covenant House at the forefront as innovators in digital communications and fundraising. This strategy, based on insights gleaned from data, analytics and optimization best practices, will outline how to integrate our digital platforms and identify new platforms to maximize donor usability and conversion.
What we are looking for: We are seeking an intermediate level, technically skilled project manager with strong leadership and strategic thinking abilities. The ideal candidate will be experienced in leading and developing integrated digital solutions and possesses the technical background required to forecast the direction this technology will take and the underlying impact it will have on Covenant House and the sector.
This individual will need to understand how to leverage data, analytics and optimization tools to address risk factors head-on and create appropriate buy-in for all stakeholders involved when implementing the new solutions. They must understand human-centred design processes, and how these processes factor into Covenant House’s overall brand strategy.
The successful candidate will have the experience and skills to understand how Covenant House’s programs, events, fundraising efforts and communications channels link together and how they can be packaged in a manner that optimizes conversion funnels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create highly detailed and integrated plans for the development and launch of multiple websites geared for different purposes and target audiences.
• Identify compatible new platforms for email, donation processing, etc. that will improve internal processes and increase donor conversion.
• Meet with and involve internal teams in order to determine business requirements that will shape RFPs, detailed project plans, priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
• Manage project schedules and budgets and ensure site designs meet strategic goals and align with brand strategy and guidelines. Understand the larger implications of the budgets and the intended returns and be able to translate those strategies effectively into the RFP and scope documents for the service providers to execute on.
• Manage the integration of vendor responsibilities and track/review vendor deliverables when applicable.
• Proactively monitor projects to anticipate potential risks and identify solutions to address them in advance.
• Share and implement project management best practices and constantly push the quality of the work to achieve repeatable excellence.
• Lead post-project reviews, analysis and optimization.
• Manage the content revision and migration strategy for each site.
• Build a plan for website management and maintenance.
• Review conversion funnels in order to determine gaps and optimize site design based on best practices.
• 3-5 years project management (incl. digital) or agency account management experience necessary.
• Related Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree and/or related experience. PMP certification an asset.
• Proven track record of developing positive relationships with internal teams through gaining trust and successful delivery of projects.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects on time and on budget.
• Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently while also collaborating as part of a highly structured team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Motivated and enthusiastic problem-solver who can lead both large and small-scale digital projects.
• Superior coordination skills with the ability to communicate effectively within challenging situations.
• Demonstrated knowledge on the latest web trends, usability and online donation best practices.
• Working knowledge of AODA WCAG 2.0 Level AA guidelines required.
• Working knowledge of HTML, XHTML, CSS design, mobile / responsive design, cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility required.
• Knowledge of Adobe, Microsoft and Agile project management theory and related tools an asset.
• Google Analytics certification an asset.
• A demonstrated understanding of funnels and how to measure the effectiveness of email and online donation pages via conversions an asset.
• Knowledge of online donation and email marketing platforms an asset.
• Knowledge of UX design an asset.
• Knowledge of digital advertising an asset.