We are looking for a technical Product Owner to lead the development of Findhotel‘s hotel price services and APIs, which serve up to millions of hotel prices every day. These services cover everything from accessing rates from our partners’ APIs, to managing and caching those prices internally, to exposing them incredibly quickly to our wonderful customers via a number of internal and external platforms.
As one of the world’s leading hotel marketplaces, we find amazing hotel offers for millions of visitors around the world every month. You’ll be responsible for the tools which are at the core of our business – finding the best hotel offers on the planet and getting them in front of our users faster than the speed of light. If you like the idea of solving some of the toughest problems in travel, designing solutions that handle incredible scale and building a product that is the engine of our business – you might be the person we’re looking for.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make sure we give our customers the best hotel prices on the planet faster than The Flash and Superman combined “
What you will really be doing
- Working with the rest of the business and the leadership team to understand requirements and set our priorities, in both the short term (sprints) and long term (vision); you define the product roadmap.
- Managing the backlog for the services you own and ensuring delivery. You help to conceive the features, write the requirements, manage the build and implementation, and make sure it works as expected.
- Building a water-tight process for getting things done and delivering on our goals; if there’s something we should be doing then make it happen.
- Always being up to date on the latest technologies, our tech stack and changes in our industry. You want to be on the cutting edge.
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a stand-up and help identify and remove any roadblocks your squad is facing. Before lunch you sit with the website team to review some new features they’re working on which might need changes to the API they consume. After lunch you lead a planning session with the squad to share these changes, slice up the work and set the priorities for the next sprint. Before heading home you grab a beer (or another tasty beverage) and review the roadmap with the rest of the POs and the CEO to look for challenges ahead, validate ideas and spot opportunities.
You will be working daily leading a small team of amazing developers. You’ll be supported by a technical lead and by other POs around the company, and we’ll work together to make sure we’re all in sync and rowing in the same direction.
People we love
- Technically minded – you’re experienced in delivering back-end services and exposing performant APIs. Bonus points if you have a background in software development, devops, or computer science.
- Some PO experience – this isn’t your first rodeo, but it’s OK if you’re still developing your skills (it’s a great place to do that).
- Passionate about solving problems, and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English (we’re 100% international – no Dutch required)
- A fast learner with a curious mind who is willing to experiment – we’re solving new problems all the time, you need to know how to fail fast and navigate your way to the right solutions
- Experience working in an agile software development team. Bonus points if you’ve got experience directly leading your own team of developers.