JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy – helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it – and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
JustPark is one of London’s most exciting and fast-growing startups with two huge equity crowdfunding rounds under its belt – a record-breaking £3.7m in 2015 and a further £3.5m in December 2017 – on top of investment from BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox). Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s Pitch to Rich competition and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers – with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry – and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with a copious holiday package, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we believe you will too.
About the Role
As Product Designer at JustPark you will work with our team of product managers, engineers and stakeholders across the business to create effortless digital experiences for our drivers, space owners and corporate clients. You’ll primarily be working on our driver and space owner facing apps and website, but also on our in-car-park products such as our touch screen kiosk and helping with the occasional challenge with our corporate reporting interface.
You’ll be involved from planning through to execution, an ever-present advocate for the user. You’ll be conceptualising and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and stakeholders. From there you’ll craft beautiful, easy to use designs. This will all backed up by design decisions based on research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing learnings.
- 4+ years designing incredible user experiences for web and mobile platforms and an exceptional portfolio you can share with us to demonstrate this.
- A strong understanding of interaction design, UX and UI principles
- Experience working in agile teams, working closely with product managers and engineers on a daily basis.
- Experience setting your own agenda with some direction from the product team.
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to identify usability and UX issues, and propose solutions to these.
- Experienced in UX research and running workshops.
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative product solutions.
- Ability to conduct user testing and act on user feedback
- Strong prototyping and wireframing skills
- Proven track record of designing beautiful UIs that are thoroughly thought through, from empty states down to iconography.
- The ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Confident using Sketch and/or Adobe CC suite, and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Experience delivering assets and prototypes directly to developers.
- Strong knowledge of iOS’ Human Interface Guidelines and Android’s Material Design
- Experience with analytics packages such as MixPanel.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience with front end technologies
- Experience querying databases with languages such as MySQL to pull data to back up design decisions.
- Competitive salary.
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Comprehensive stock options.
- Generous holiday package.
- Flexible working – our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you.
- Brand new Macbook Pro or Windows laptop.
- Generous training opportunities.
- Quarterly team Away Days.