Chewy is hiring a Senior Technical Product Manager for our data products team in Boston, MA. You will be a key driver behind the e-commerce initiatives of the team. This entails not only being a member of the product management team, but also innovating the process and development strategies to support Chewy’s explosive growth (both in customers, sales, and team expansion). This is not the standard product management role, as this role is building this development support structure from the ground up which means getting in the trenches and participating in activities across the board.
What you’ll do:
- Set priorities for product development from conception to delivery of e-commerce analytics products.
- Define and refine product requirements in Subscription, Search, Clickstream, and Recommendation services to meet business needs.
- Work with a fully Agile development environment (JIRA and related tools).
- Coordinate with business stakeholders and continuously make sure your team is delivering according to the constantly growing needs of the business.
- Help the data engineering team navigate obstacles and own the final product deliverables, as well as, the overall roadmap for your area of responsibility.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of Technical Product Management experience in developing solutions for e-commerce analytics.
- Agile experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Experience with CI/CD processes and releases management
- Perform business requirements analysis and design
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- The ability to prioritize goals and roadmaps for multiple teams
- Identify and mitigate development risks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in big data technologies a plus
- Analytics product development experience
- Familiarity with data warehouse development environments and tools
- Ecommerce experience a big plus
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus.
- Development platforms for CI/CD: Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, and Bamboo)