Briefing Media is the UK’s leading agricultural information and media business. We produce a range of products and services designed to engage with farmers and help them farm more successfully including Farmers Guardian, Arable Farming, Dairy Farmer, Farmers Weather, LAMMA exhibition, CropTec exhibition, LammaXchange and British Farming Awards. Agriculture is one of the most attractive information sectors in the world with great market dynamics, rapid application of new technology and an ever-changing regulatory environment. The need for specialist information services has never been greater.
In addition to our work in UK agriculture Briefing Media is also the parent of a media strategy division that includes TheMediaBriefing.com, the British Media Awards and a range of conferences including Digital Media Strategies.
Over the past 15 months we have been successfully migrating our print readers and subscribers to a membership programme that incorporates a range of additional benefits – from purchasing discounts on agricultural supplies to apps and data services. We are also close to finalising a project that will re-engineer our web content management system to allow dynamic bundling of products and services into new membership tiers.
We now need someone to help us develop the next wave of digital products to make up those bundles.
The role and key responsibilities:
This is a new and important job function within Briefing Media so the successful candidate will have a chance to develop the role on joining.
Primarily the job involves acting as a lynchpin between our editorial, technical and marketing teams, and the wider farming community.
Our Digital Product Manager will lead our:
• Research – gaining a better understanding of the challenges that farmers face and the tools that might help them do their jobs better
• Scoping – working to develop a product vision, articulate key features and functionality in line with business objectives
• Project management – leading both in-house and external technical teams in an agile and lean environment to rapidly develop Minimum Viable Products for further testing and refinement with potential user groups
• Delivery – ultimately the role is about a continuous process of delivery. Developing and launching new member products on a regular basis
• Analysis – great products continue to evolve after launch. An important part of this role is monitoring user experience, A/B testing, checking analytics and refining the packaging, design and delivery of the product
Ideal skills and experience:
• You will have product experience from working as part of a digital team. Your experience might have been gained in the media industry, the wider digital world or with clients and suppliers to the industry.
• You will be passionate about all things digital and stay continually up-to-date with ideas and best practices in this industry.
• You will have experience creating wireframes, mapping user journeys and working with technical teams on product delivery.
• You will have experience of product management and a background in agile and lean development methodologies.
• You will be pragmatic and commercial in approach and understand that the product needs to be shipped but is never finished.
• You will have the ability to pull together multi-disciplinary teams and win the trust of the end-user community.
• You will have strong analytical skills and the ability to switch between top-level vision and detail-oriented tasks.
At Briefing Media we recruit on the basis of intelligence and passion. There are no set levels of educational achievement or work experience, we want to work primarily with people who can make things happen and get things done.
Location & benefits:
Briefing Media is a fast growing, private equity backed business with a solid revenue base and great ambitions to continue our rapid growth.
The team is split between Victoria, London and Preston, Lancashire and the successful candidate could be based in either location but is likely to have to travel between the two regularly.
Briefing Media offer a friendly and collaborative environment in which to work together with a range of fantastic company benefits including 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 after two years), contributory pension scheme, free life assurance and childcare voucher scheme