Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Altus Analytics, the software and data solutions division of Altus Group, is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products and technology enabled services.
Who we need
We need a DevOps Specialist to join our London team; a self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to help us think disruptively about the future of our cloud products. Someone with the initiative to research new approaches and the drive to stay at the top of their game.
We are proud of the work our teams do, building incredible products that don’t just eliminate the issues but streamline and speed up the way our customers work. Our Agile teams are relentlessly focused on putting out the best, highest quality solutions they can. We give them the freedom, tools and guidance they need to be creative and make it happen.
Our tech stack
- AWS forms a major part of our cloud solutions. (RDS/EC2/BeanStalk/CloudFormation)
- Jenkins / Octopus CI / CD
- Linux / Windows / Citrix
- SumoLogic / AppDynamics
- Python / Powershell / Shell script programming
- Docker / Ansible / Packer
- Docker for Windows
What’s in it for you?
- Knowledge. Our DevOps team is passionate about technology, being involved at different levels and cross-training on our products. There is endless scope for learning including the opportunity to undertake your AWS certification if you don’t already have it.
- Ownership. This is a chance to build new products, introduce new tools and try new solutions. We are continuously looking for tools that make life simpler and for ways to educate ourselves. We have a dynamic, innovative environment where you will be given the opportunity to influence and drive the uptake of our new platforms and products.
- Exposure. This is an opportunity to transition a global product to the cloud that will support and positively impact users around the world; to use cutting edge cloud technology and help build infrastructure from the ground up. It’s a chance to join a product company focused on expanding their cloud solutions and owning a bigger piece of the #PropTech market. As the company grows, so to will the opportunities to work on our full range of products and increase your depth as a leader here or on another solution.
Here’s what our new DevOps Specialist will work on:
- Infrastructure. Help build administration of the infrastructure for our new Portal Platform. Research availability and suitability of 3rd party tools and deploy them to support new builds on our platforms.
- Deployment and maintenance. Recommend intelligent processes for deployment and maintenance methodologies. Build with Octopus and Jenkins.
- Operational features and processes. Collaborate locally and remotely with Development Architects and Leaders to implement operational features, tools and process. Occasional travel to other offices (UK and US) as required
What we are looking for:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math.
- The experience. You have 1-3 years of hands-on exposure to supporting cloud applications. You are up-to-date on current DevOps standards and best practices.
- The toolbox. You have all of the computer engineering tools down including:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS ( EC2/RDS/IAM ).
- Familiarity of Scripting tools such as Python or Powershell.
- Other technologies you are familiar with may include .Net, AngularJS, Java, Tomcat and SQL.
- The translation skills. You can work with product managers, cross-functional teams and customers translating practical usability feedback into technical requirements and back again. You thrive on acting as the communication bridge.
- The drive. You truly enjoy thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest processes. You can focus on the big picture and the details.
- The flexibility. You can switch priorities in response to demand and you are able to travel to the US and the UK to collaborate with other product and development teams.
- The initiative. You enjoy keeping pace with your teammates. You easily learn new technologies and solutions.
- The admiration for Agile. You have project-based experience working in an Agile environment. You thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- The sense of adventure. Whether it’s in the way you approach a tricky coding challenge, a design flaw or avoiding seasickness on our annual boat cruise, you take pleasure in working out the problem creatively.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, working in a startup-like environment, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds – cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the CRE industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.