We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our amazing blinkbox music team.
Do you want to influence the definition of the next generation digital music products for the UK’s largest retailer? Do you love technology and solving customer problems? We want your passion for technology and solving customer problems to help define new features for our products working closely with the Product team and a highly talented team of developers.
As part of the Product Team you’ll work closely with our business stakeholders, technology team and operational teams to research, design and take to market key features of our core product.
• Taking ownership of specific product ideas and features, and driving their design and delivery
• Understanding target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and ideas
• Translating business requirements into sound product features, balancing the needs of different stakeholders to deliver a well-rounded product.
• Working in an agile environment, you will be working closely with UX, Visual Design, QA and Engineering to develop features. This will involve working together to write user stories and acceptance criteria, functional specifications and further documenting key requirements for use by engineering team during development, you own the product backlog and you participate in the sprint planning and showcases.
• Project Managing key product evolutions
You’ll be expected to hit the ground running and make a real difference from day one, since this a key role within both the product team and the organisation as a whole.
It is essential that you have a strong background in ‘connected’ product management, and thrive in an environment where you get direct ownership and responsibility for product definition. You have a good grasp of ad-funded services and how they directly affect a revenue model. You’ll also have a real desire to bring innovative music services to market.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
• Working in an agile environment
• You understand Product Management through and through; you are an organiser, a communicator and problem solver. You are pro-active.
• Experience with data driven decision making, AB testing, Business Intelligence
• Comfortable dealing with all parts of the business, from customer support to the backend development team and from Marketing to QA
• Design of web and mobile based products, including close involvement in user experience design, ideally for ad-funded products
• Authorship of functional specifications, and close collaboration with developers to ensure product features are delivered according to specifications
• Product design and development, based on rigorous analysis of customer needs and competitive environment
• Generation of innovative product ideas and concepts which meet business and product strategies
• A high tolerance for ambiguity – and a real desire to manage it!
• Experience in Music, VOD, online media and social networking would be a real plus
About blinkbox music
We believe what you like is more important than what you know. So you don’t have to trawl a massive catalogue – all you need to do is enter a single song, artist or genre to get started. From here the music you love keeps on coming – you get personalised radio stations full of songs that match this search. So if you search a specific artist, you’ll get their songs, with other similar ones thrown in. As we get to know you it just gets better and better. It’s completely free, easy and personalised – and potentially never-ending.
We work in an exciting industry, using cutting edge web technologies to provide high quality customer experiences. The team is made up of experienced, creative, enthusiastic individuals who between them maintain, develop and improve our website, mobile and device applications.
blinkbox music has an open, lively culture where every team member can make a difference. We enjoy regular social events, lunchtime football matches and printing things on our 3D printer! Staff also run Geek meetings to improve their knowledge of a vast array of useful (and not so useful) technologies and topics.