Based on market-leading technology, Haymarket’s jobs board is one of the most successful commercial products within its B2B website portfolio. You will be responsible for driving, implementing and maintaining development of the jobs board across 10 core sites on mobile and desktop platforms.
Working directly for the jobs team, you will liaise between the software developers, key business stakeholders and end users to continue to grow our recruitment services. Although this role is focused mainly on jobs there will be opportunities to contribute towards other wider product initiatives.
The successful candidate will take a key role in helping to shape Haymarket’s mobile strategy within the recruitment division.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have prior experience of working on a jobs board for a publishing company with a great understanding of how to exploit the opportunities arising from the the industry’s leading editorial publications. You’ll be full of ideas of how to take this great product forward.
– Ensure Haymarket’s Recruitment products are best in breed in delivering the usability and functionality which will critical to underpinning the success of commercial opportunities in terms of traffic, applications and new client business.
– Principal Haymarket contact for job site developer (Madgex), including monitoring performance against contract, regular site performance reviews and input to supplier’s roadmap.
– Use market research, customer and competitor insight, user feedback and analytics in order to optimise site performance and ensure that decisions are based on strong data.
– Work with internal stakeholders to translate our business strategy into a product strategy and detailed development roadmaps.
– Function effectively as the interface between commercial, editorial, development and design teams to successfully design, build and deploy new products or product enhancements.
– Project manage new website implementations, features and migrations.
– Collate and evaluate functionality requests from Haymarket teams.
– Specify development requirements/backlogs for projects with Haymarket developers, Madgex or third parties
– Maintain launched products to ensure their continued success monitored through KPIs such as traffic/conversion rates and SEO visibility, benchmarked against our industry peers.
– Manage technical costs for recruitment platforms against agreed budgets.
– Contribute to business plans, strategy and budget process.
– Take an active role in sharing expertise with brand owners and product managers where opportunities for collaboration exist.
– Research industry-leading products and practices from both the online jobs and wider online classified markets, with a view to deliver innovative enhancements to our products.
– Deliver powerful business intelligence solutions which support our sales efforts.
– Create closer alignment (where possible) between our jobs and parent sites, in terms of technical integration and site content.
Skills and experience
– Track record of delivering successful digital products to market
– Strong project management/delivery skills
– Experience of defining product requirements
– Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum techniques for project management
– Good understanding of web usability including web analytics software
– Supplier management experience
– Good understanding of digital marketing including SEO, PPC and social media