Senior Product Manager
Axiom, an industry pioneer and leading provider of legal technology and services to Fortune Global 2000 companies, is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager in both New York and London.
Axiom currently has two major Product divisions: Talent Platform and Contracts Platform. You will be accountable for driving product development and strategy for one of these divisions.
Axiom’s Talent Platform enables organizations to harness limitless legal capability. Clients across seven countries draw on our liquid workforce of over 1,500 lawyers to do sophisticated work in a low-cost, nimble way, while our flexible employment model enables lawyers to build unique careers connected to the world’s best companies and colleagues.
Our Contracts Platform empowers organizations around the globe to improve business performance using contracting technology. We do this by using contract data intelligence and industrialized negotiation – both with our Artificial Intelligence offerings and our teams of technologists and project managers.
Both Product Management teams are part of a new Product Development function at Axiom, tasked with building products that create valuable and delightful experiences for our clients and lawyers, enable scale, and drive growth.
As a senior member of Axiom’s product management organization, you will work closely with our CTO, sales teams, and client service organizations to envision new growth opportunities that take us along our path to digitizing legal. You will start with a wide funnel of ideas and drive the organization to narrow down to the ones with the most promise – and then you and your team will build and productize those solutions. You will set the strategy, decide how to develop the capabilities (buy, build, partner), develop the end-to-end economics, and be responsible for bringing new ideas to fruition. In doing so, you will need to lead and excite our legal, client service, sales and technology organization along the way – they will be key to your success and you’ll need inspire understanding, belief, and ownership.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Help shape the vision for our future offering suite for our global High Performance Contracting teams or our global Legal teams.
- Create the economic models to substantiate investment proposals and inform our product pricing strategy.
- Drive the development of all tools and enabling capabilities required to ensure a smooth delivery of our offerings.
- Own and direct the product management process (competitive analysis, requirements, positioning, packaging, pricing, rollout, sales enablement, delivery capabilities).
- Act as subject matter expert in support of commercial efforts, especially with regard to new offerings.
- Drive the creation of new intellectual property to support our sales, marketing and internal knowledge development efforts.
- Monitor the market to identify emerging trends presenting a commercial/ product development opportunity for Axiom.
- Assess the competitive landscape to inform our go-to-market efforts and strategic partnership approach.
Successful candidates must be a fit for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: values-led, customer-centric, high-growth, innovative, and lean. In our Product Management teams, we look for team members with outstanding customer empathy, who share optimism through ambiguity, communicate in a compelling way, and lead through influence.
In addition to these characteristics, candidates must have the following required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education:
- 7+ years of experience in B2C product management or growth strategy environment
- Experience managing a product roadmap and developing products from ideation through release and sustain
- Experience designing and implementing customer feedback loops with a broad consumer base
- Demonstrated ability to listen, communicate, and present to executive and client audiences
- Excellence at quantitative analysis to make decisions, inform strategy, and influence stakeholders
- Innate compulsion to build cross-functional relationships and collaborate productively across styles
- Instinct for appealing market messaging and user experiences
- Organizational fit for Axiom’s culture and core values: Irresistible, Fresh, Thoughtful and Committed
- Technical background strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Axiom, a recognized leader in the business of law, is the world’s largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for enterprise. Axiom is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest economies that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in innovation in technology, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in the business of law, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.” We represent over 2,000 passionate Axiomites who serve over half the Fortune 100 across 14 offices and 3 Centers of Excellence globally (…and growing!).