UMAI provides software that helps restaurants save time and increase revenue by automating manual tasks, integrating with various digital platforms to accept reservations online, minimize last minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by a former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, who is comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
Find our Tech Stack @UMAI here: https://stackshare.io/umai/tech-stack-at-umai
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Experience in working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Maintaining AWS infrastructure
- Guard the quality of your work through quality assurance methods such as unit test and code reviews
- Execute code reviews for colleagues and juniors
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers
- Coordinate with product owners on the technical strategic direction across all products
- Highly experienced with back-end programming languages especially Ruby on Rails
- AWS infrastructure, CD/CI
- Familiarity with RESTful services
- Understanding the use of git for versioning
- Experience with redis
- High level of coding standards (OO, design patterns, testing approaches, TDD)
- Ability to lead a team of developers
- Ability to motivate others to write great quality code
- Strong sense of ownership in the work you do and the magic you create
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Great coding skills
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Strong work ethic, knowing the difference between working hard and working smart, and when to do both
- Goal oriented vs time oriented: Focus on hitting milestones vs leave the office on time
- Must be familiar with our tech stack and have the knowledge of driving the future direction of this
What we offer
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Direct exposure to the founders and management, working directly with one of the founders
- Challenging and diversified tasks with full responsibility for the projects in your team
- Opportunity to learn from and work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the region. We give you insights to all relevant aspects of founding a company and the opportunity to build up a meaningful international network
- Opportunity to manage, mentor and grow a team of developers and engineers from all around the world