Traditional video production was built for TV, but these models don’t work in a world of mobile video and social. Vidsy is changing the game, powered by our disruptive tech platform and harnessing a new generation of creators, we help the world’s leading brands create quality video at scale.
We are Facebook’s Global Innovator for ‘Creativity In Video’, strategic and tech partners with Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and at the cutting edge of mobile video and technology. We have built, and continue to innovate on a series of exciting products, using the latest technologies to define a new era of creativity in the mobile video space.
At Vidsy we’re on a mission to empower a million creators to make a living doing what they love. We’re disrupting the traditional advertising status quo, building a new model that provides value for both creators and brands. #WeAreCreators.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Product to join our growing London team, to take the reigns on our existing suite of products – including our web platforms and innovative new ChatBot – and to help us continue to grow and scale throughout 2018 and beyond.
This role will be a senior level position, reporting directly into the CEO / Founder, and shall head up Product for Vidsy as a whole. They’ll also be an opportunity for this person to hire a second addition to the Vidsy Product Team upon joining in the form of a Product Owner.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Owning Vidsy’s product offering, including our existing Creator and Client web platforms, and our new – in the works – ChatBot product.
- Working closely with other departments (UX, Engineering, Operations, etc) to creates stories and manage them through from inception to delivery, ensuring at all times they’re kept in line with budget and deadlines.
- Developing documentation to support Vidsy’s products via our Wiki and other channels.
- Working to build out our Product Team to ensure it’s future proofed for Vidsy’s planned growth, through long term product and hiring plans (including the immediate addition of a Product Owner)
- Scoping future products, features, bugs and improvements to Vidsys’ product portfolio.
- 6+ years (or equivalent) experience within Product Management.
- Prior experience leading a team of Product Managers
- An expert ability to translate high level product management requirements into detailed requirements and software deliverables.
- A thorough understanding of video, and an active interest in the opportunities the channel offers.
- Experience with social platforms, to include APIs (Facebook, Facebook Messenger and/or Snapchat would be particularly beneficial)
- A “doer” who is happy to get their hands dirty whilst sitting within a key leadership role.
- Any experience working with chatbots or building enterprise products for large corporate users.
- A background in engineering and/or a Computer Science based degree.
- Previous experience heading up a Product Division within a growing startup environment