BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we’ve shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It’s a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren’t pets; they’re family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we’re driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR
Do user interviews, product discovery, and prioritization make your tail wag? Do you spend weeknights cozied-up with your dog, a tasty beverage, and some fresh data? Do you find yourself constantly asking “What if there was an app for dogs that…” and wondering where all the other dog-crazy people are? If so, we should totally sniff butts (figuratively).
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs and want to build things to make dogs happy. The Product Manager, BarkBox will be tasked to make the magic happen. You will be responsible for the largest business in our Commerce portfolio (BarkBox and BarkShop), working on goals ranging from conversion to retention to customer NPS. You’re an analytical and accountable product nerd that gets your fix by communicating across functional teams, juggling competing priorities, and building your vision for the bigger picture. Empathy comes naturally to you, and you’ll do whatever it takes to help your team succeed.
- Define product vision and strategy for core components of the BarkBox business, in a fast-paced environment. Innovate and build for the majority of our users.
- Accomplish high-level business objectives by breaking initiatives down into achievable plans for the team.
- Learn about and advocate for the user, gathering and sharing insights regularly.
- Prioritize and communicate product roadmap.
- Work closely with design and development partners to test, launch, and iterate features, tracking impact throughout the process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders constantly, ensuring best possible outcome for current and upcoming work.
- Manage cross-functional projects, focusing on ideation, discovery, and risk validation.
- 3+ years of experience in successful product development.
- E-commerce experience with both user-facing and operational features.
- Keen sense of design and ability to wire/prototype concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with mutticulous attention to detail. Data should speak to you. Ability to create back-of-the-envelope business models.
- Working understanding of programming languages and frameworks.
- Empathy, optimism, curiosity, humility, and a somewhat inappropriate sense of humor. Openness to poop jokes is a must.
- You have a dog and are obsessed with making dogs happy and healthy.
- B.S. in computer science, product design, or product management.
- Previous experience in start-up environments.
- Product experience with native mobile and web applications.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time.