Passionate about teaching and learning? Got entrepreneurial leanings? Good at solving problems, having ideas and making things happen? Believe that education can make the world a better place?
Then come and join us at The Student Room Group, home to the world’s largest online student community – we’re looking for a Learning Product Manager!
What’s the job?
Your job is to develop the best social learning tools in the world – online tools that help students to learn better by working together. Reporting to the Chief Learning Officer you have full responsibility for The Student Room’s learning products.
You’ll be constantly engaging with teachers and students to make our existing free and premium products as useful and engaging as possible. You’ll be in charge of delivering innovative and profitable new products across desktop and mobile platforms.
This is a role for a person brimming with ideas who has the energy, passion and rigour to get out there and get things done.
Who are we?
Our mission is to understand how students learn and help them do it.
Not just in the classroom, but the secret bits; the cramming on the bus, the writing on the back of your hand, the drawing it all out in coloured pens, the ‘I know nothing!’ panic moment, Wikipedia summaries, youtube clips, late night deadlines, finding a copy of the book with old notes in it…
Whatever it takes to understand the subject and get through homework, coursework and exams alive, our job is to build the tools to help.
We’re passionate about the power of social learning – that students can learn better by working together. That’s why we run the UK’s largest and fastest growing online student communities on Get Revising and The Student Room, with over 2 Million members.
We’re a business of entrepreneurs. We love ideas that break the mould and challenge assumptions. We’re constantly iterating and learning.
We’re growing fast and we’re going places – we’d love you to come and join us!
We hope you will…
• Be passionate about helping people to study and learn to the best of their abilities
• Have some product management experience, ideally including significant mobile projects (but we’d still be excited to hear from you if not)
• Have the entrepreneurial drive for identifying needs and bringing ideas to market quickly, alongside a user-centric passion for high quality user experience
• Be an excellent written, verbal and visual communicator
• Have a strong interest in online and mobile learning, ideally with some experience to draw upon in the teaching and learning sector
• Be excited about new technologies, developments trends
• Be open, honest, direct and comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
What will you actually do?
Develop awesome learning products
• Full responsibility for ensuring that TSR Group has a clear Learning product strategy based on user insight and market understanding on desktop and mobile
• Full responsibility for delivering Learning product projects on time and to budget
• Performance tracking of new and existing learning products and impact on company performance
Be a great listener
• Drive the educational integrity of our learning proposition by working with our Teacher Advisory Group and community of over 70,000 teachers.
• Constantly evaluate products and gain new insight through user testing and student engagement, both online through our community of over 2m students and face to face in our user testing lab.
Know your stuff
• Fully understand and interpret the implications of current and future best practices, trends and direction in and around our key learning markets.
• Develop a keen awareness of the social learning competitive landscape, assessing strengths and weaknesses along with understanding opportunities for differentiation.
• Keep abreast of technological development in and outside of our industry, particularly around mobile
Create amazing user experience
• Responsible for growing user engagement and retention through outstanding product experience
• Manage product optimisation to maximise engagement and revenue
Develop your team
You will be joining a small, agile team of high performing, collaborative people. Whilst you will not initially have any direct reports you will be required to quickly identify your needs and make a business case for building out your team.
Work with great people
Whether it’s celebrating a job well done over a drink and a round of air hockey in the TSR bar, or chilling with a BBQ on the beach down at the TSR beach hut, we’re a pretty friendly bunch.
We’d like to fill this role in July so please get touch soon with your CV and covering letter. Applications can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for a range of candidates so salary will depend on experience. £30 – £35K