Our Product Manager, under the direction of the Director of Product Management, will need to understand the company’s technology and communicate with the engineering and interface teams in order to successfully implement our product strategy. You will build products from existing ideas and help develop new ideas based on your industry experience and customer contacts, determining how to integrate them into our practice automation platform known as Charlie. You will have a clear understanding of how our product is built, be able to assess the risk of certain features and have an accurate duration of stories. You will be able to communicate with the engineering and interface teams in detail, understanding the implications of certain decisions and make trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth or even timelines. The ideal candidate will have a strong healthcare background with technical experience in healthcare or other industries. Post launch of new features, you will measure business impact and make ongoing recommendations to drive conversion.
Keys to Success: keeping customer focus, driving a vision, and ensuring the product meets the market needs.
- Define the “what” with user stories and requirements
- Take business requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Work with our engineering managers and team leads to determine time estimates for work to be done, dependencies and difficulty of work
- Monitor progress
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products
- Provide product training and technical expertise
- Identify and present innovative product solutions
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and engineering teams
- Answer product related inquiries
- You will also serve as the internal evangelist for our product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- 2-5 years of software product management experience
- Knowledgeable in technology, especially healthcare technology
- Ability to understand tech trends, see how they impact your roadmap, and how they drive innovation
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to be a leader
- Experienced in the art of diplomacy
- Desire to express compassion as required
- Computer Science degree or work experience is a strong plus
- Healthcare experience especially in an ambulatory setting is a strong plus
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Enjoy spending time in the healthcare market to understand our customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market
Who We Are & What We Do
We are a team of bright, motivated people working together to make a huge impact in healthcare. Our vision is a world where all of a physician’s energy is devoted to the patient. We will achieve this by automating what can be automated, delegating what can be delegated, and simplifying the rest.