As a UX Designer at Liferay, you’ll be part of a cross-functional product team, working closely with product managers, developers, testers, and other designers to create and design new products, and improve existing interfaces based on user needs, product requirements, and business objectives.
We’re looking for a seasoned and talented UX Designer with strong skills in interaction design who can create low fidelity prototypes but also achieve good final designs. We’re looking for a designer with sharp intuition who’s comfortable talking about design as it relates to the needs of the business.
In this role, you will…
- Create designs and interaction patterns for a variety of devices and new emerging technologies that we see hitting the market every day.
- Experience in product thinking, mobile design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Able to jump from the whiteboard to writing to wireframes to polished designs with a multi-disciplinary team of your peers.
- Produce detailed flows, wireframes, and mockups to iterate on and communicate your designs
- Use an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to evolve and maintain design wireframes, mockups, UI prototypes and specs.
- High level of understanding of the interplay between design and engineering, technical collaboration and delivery of final UI designs for web and mobile.
- Be part of a cross-functional team where you will be working with developers, product managers, etc. designing solutions that solves real needs according to your vision
- Work with other designers to maintain the consistency and experience through products and share experiences and best practices.
- Have an insatiable curiosity throughout the entire product design process.
- Design human-centric flows and experiences that are as user-friendly as they are beautiful
- 4+ years of experience in UX design.
- A strong / quality portfolio of software designs that exemplify your design aesthetic.
- Strong interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills.
- Experience creating UX deliverables in Sketch, Axure, or equivalent tools.
- Human-centric approach to designing products.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS and how they will be used to bring your beautiful designs to the web.
- A track record of quickly learning new things and thriving in a team environment.
- Demonstrable attention to details.
- Significant experience creating highly-effective and beautiful user-focused interfaces across a variety of channels (mobile, web, etc).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer me?
An opportunity to change the world 🙂
Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide, including Allianz, Barclay’s, BASF, Cisco Systems, Lufthansa Flight Training, Société Générale, The French Ministry of Defense, and the United Nations.
Working at Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.
- Salary package according to qualification and experience.
- A positive and pleasant work environment, with healthy food in the kitchen (tons of fruit, coffee, tea, cookies, etc.) and nice and very skilled people willing to help you (any time).
- Fast and powerful laptop with an external 27′ monitor.
- Flexibility to work remotely when the task allows for it.
- Opportunity to be yourself, take responsibility and grow professionally.
- Ability to work in an international context.
- Working at a successful company with strong growth.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
How to get this job
You’ll need to provide us with…
- A unique cover letter that explains why you’re a good fit for this position.
- Your resume emphasizing any pertinent experience in your work history.
- URL to your portfolio site and anywhere else we can find your designs on the web (Dribbble, Behance, etc…). Bonus points for live links to current examples of your design in use.
When we look at your portfolio, we want to see…
- Conceptual ideas
- Patterns to solve user’s problem
- Interactions and behaviors in wireframes.
- Ideas from paper to High fidelity mockups
- Intuitive and highly functional flows.
- Interfaces with the user in mind, even in every pixel.
- Pixel Perfect as a passion, not a goal.
We look forward to hearing from you!