Purpose of the Role…
The Portfolio Manager role is an exciting new position for a passionate and entrepreneurial product & project management professional to be a part of Samsung Electronics fastest growing business unit, the Enterprise Business Team.
The role will have overall portfolio & project management responsibility for strategic initiatives focused around developing a consolidated B2B products & solutions portfolio for the Europe Enterprise Business.
The right candidate will have strong partnering, (internal) business development and project management skills, and will work seamlessly across various internal product and solutions development groups to create a consolidated B2B solutions portfolio and product roadmap, operationalise cross-product bundles and develop vertical-solutions.
The Enterprise Business is a new and high-growth business unit in Samsung Electronics. Portfolio & Solutions is a new function in the Enterprise Business Operations group, strategically incubated to transform the product management function from a product- to a solutions & customer-centric model, and develop critical cross- portfolio capabilities required to achieve the next phase of growth for the Enterprise Business.
Responsible for overall portfolio & project management of key initiatives identified to develop a consolidated B2B products & solutions portfolio
1. Europe Roadmap
Work with global and European product divisions, solutions development and business teams within Samsung Group companies to realise cross-portfolio product synergies, develop a consolidated Roadmap of Enterprise products & solutions and execute key Roadmap project and activities such as Europe Solutions Forum.
2. Portfolio Readiness
For agreed Portfolio Roadmap, manage all end-to-end activities required to ensure delivery of scalable and enterprise-ready bundles and solutions to channel and direct-touch sales teams in country.
Responsibility will include project management and coordination across Marketing, Legal, Service, Product and Operational teams to ensure portfolio bundles and solutions are commercially, technically and operationally ready.
3. Vertical solutions planning
Support the development of a portfolio solutions strategy and manage solutions planning and launch activities for key vertical solutions, working closely with HQ and GBC to develop solutions, and subsidiary organizations to pilot and launch solutions.
To be successful in this role you’ll ideally have
* Strong partnering, stakeholder management and influencing skills
* Strategic thinker with strong execution bias
* Able to work in a dynamic, complex, multi-cultural organization and global teams
* Results focused and entrepreneurial
* 5+ years product management experience, ideally spent in multi-product role
* Background in IT hardware or software business, ideally in B2B context.
* Proven track record in new product development, product life cycle management and successful project delivery
* Good understanding of ICT hardware, infrastructure, systems and software
* Good commercial and technical awareness
* Ability to manage stakeholder in a complex environment. Influencing diverse resources to deliver challenging outcomes whilst maintaining operational performance.
* Advanced PowerPoint & presentation skills
* BS/BA required; MBA a plus but not required