About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to simple and affordable legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 20 million people create over 3 million legal documents, and answer over 30,000 legal questions.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer pioneered online legal services in the United States and United Kingdom, and we have already launched in France, Spain and Netherlands. The proprietary and patented Rocket Lawyer technology platform enables the creation of legal documentation and delivery of legal advice from lawyers knowledgeable in local laws, in any language. You’ll be based in Shoreditch, London, the biggest tech cluster in Europe, working with a full mobile product development team. As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team to build delightful experiences that help people solve their legal problems on the go.
A Day in the Life
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target mobile app customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research. Passionately represent the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, User Experience, QA, and Document Operations teams to create exceptional solutions to customer problems.
- Proactively conceive, define, and drive the creation of new features based on customer need, market trends, and competitive advantage. Envision a roadmap for the mobile product with a view towards emerging mobile technologies.
- Prioritise product enhancements and backlog issues using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Create use cases and user stories that clearly articulate desired product functionality.
- Develop a deep understanding of the marketplace and competitive environment in the native mobile application space.
- Plan and manage projects and keep stakeholders informed of developments, issues and risks.
- Product Expert: An experienced Product Manager with 4+ years using Agile methodologies for a technology company
- Mobile Maven: 2+ years of experience in managing and shipping native mobile applications. Ideally you have both iOS and Android native app experience.
- Self Starter: demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Team Player: A creative problem solver who inspires innovation across the entire team and enjoys working with other talented Product Managers to solve complex problems.
- User-Experience Minded: Doesn’t design apps in a vacuum but thinks about how they fit into people’s lives and real-world contexts. UX background a plus
- Obsessive About Detail: Has an eye for details and an understanding of how they can affect the quality and understandability of an experience. Won’t ship a bad experience but also knows when perfection is the enemy of the good
- Strong Communicator: Excellent at presenting, communicating with a strong bias for building strong relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders
- Numbers-Wielder: Not afraid to take a deep dive into our app metrics and data whether to diagnose a problem, evaluate a solution or propose a new KPI
- Values Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field from a top university. MBA or technical Master’s degree preferred