We are looking for a Product Lead who is technical and business savvy, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products to lead Oradian’s cloud-based offerings. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Product and will help grow and manage a small team of product managers and business analysts to evolve the current product and assist with product strategy and identification of new market opportunities.
Oradian provides cloud-based tools for financial inclusion to financial institutions in Africa and Southeast Asia. We are poised to scale operations in the six countries we currently work in while entering new markets.
Applicants must have a solid understanding of SaaS businesses and financial institutions. Applicants must have experience working hands-on with customers in different markets, jurisdictions and cultures, and effectively managing teams in a dynamic environment. This position requires up to 25% travel to customer and Oradian locations worldwide.
- Creating and managing product roadmaps, project plans and product specifications
- Leading a team of product managers, UX/UI designers and business analysts, as well as working closely with QA analysts
- Collaborating with customers and Oradian Sales, Implementation, Support and Marketing teams to successfully prioritize product features development, balancing customer needs and alignment with the company strategy
- Taking responsibility for the preparation of detailed functional specifications, wire frames and use cases for the development and quality assurance teams. Oradian uses Agile methodologies
- Proactively researching potential new product features
Qualifications and experience
- 5-10 years of experience in at least one (preferably both) of:
- Early stage SaaS businesses
- Microfinance and financial inclusion
- 3 years of experience in leading the product management team
- BS degree in an applicable field required. Master’s preferred
- An exceptional track record of working with product and engineering teams to prioritize and implement plans
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience with product management on SaaS products is a plus
- Experience in banking, fintech or financial inclusion is a plus
- Strong quantitative and business analysis skills with track record of making excellent decisions resulting in short and long term positive impact
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning, technology and strategy
Oradian – and why it’s disruptive
Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we build a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency.
Our toolset enables financial institutions to become more efficient, know and control their portfolios and serve more clients. We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, giving financial institutions access to leading technology.
We are a quickly growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 90 team members from more than 13 countries.
Where we work
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb (Croatia) with offices in London (UK), Lagos (Nigeria) and Manila (Philippines).
We currently partner with 60 financial institutions in seven countries with a concentration in the Philippines and Nigeria. Collectively, our partners provide access to financial services for over one million end-clients. We are now poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.