We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our growing Product Team. You will work alongside other Business and Product Analysts, reporting to the Product Team Lead. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analyses, documenting processes and liaising with the QA analysts, within an Agile environment. You will be well versed in documenting requirements, you’ll be technical and business savvy, collaborative, and truly excited about the Oradian cloud-based offerings. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Oradian provides cloud-based tools for financial inclusion to financial institutions in Africa and Southeast Asia. We are poised to scale operations in the six countries we currently work in while entering new markets.
Applicants must have a solid understanding of SaaS businesses and microfinance. Applicants must have experience working hands-on with customers in different markets, jurisdictions and cultures, and effectively managing teams in a dynamic environment. This position requires up to 25% travel to customer and Oradian locations worldwide.
- Gather functional requirements directly from our customers or through our sales, implementation, customer success and support teams
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our customers’ business processes based on feature requests
- Perform requirements analyses
- Map business processes and functional requirements in a detailed manner and put them in context of other operational processes
- Prepare process diagrams and explanations for our product owners
- Effectively communicating your insights, plans to Product, Development QA team members and management
Qualifications and experience
- 3 years of experience in business analysis
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- BS degree in an applicable field required – Master’s preferred
- Experience of creating wireframes and prototypes preferred
- An exceptional track record of working alongside product and engineering teams to prioritize and execute on plans
- Excellent written and verbal technical and personal communication skills in English
- Experience with SaaS products is a plus
- Experience in banking, fintech or financial inclusion is a plus
- Strong quantitative and business analysis skills with track record of making excellent decisions resulting in short and long term positive impact
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus
- Proven ability to work effectively with both local and remote teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning, technology and strategy
Oradian – and why it’s disruptive
Oradian is a financial inclusion company serving financial institutions in remote, hard-to-reach communities. Using insights from our community of customers, we build a cloud-based toolset that smart financial institutions plug into to access best practice and efficiency.
Our toolset enables financial institutions to become more efficient, know and control their portfolios and serve more clients. We provide access to our toolset on a subscription basis, giving financial institutions access to leading technology.
We are a quickly growing team of talented and committed experts in technology and microfinance. We work in an open, collaborative culture. We have over 90 team members from more than 13 countries.
Where we work
Oradian is headquartered in Zagreb (Croatia) with offices in London (UK), Lagos (Nigeria) and Manila (Philippines).
We currently partner with 60 financial institutions in seven countries with a concentration in the Philippines and Nigeria. Collectively, our partners provide access to financial services for over one million end-clients. We are now poised to scale operations and increase sales throughout West Africa, East Africa and Southeast Asia.