Showmax is a leading Video on Demand site. We have offices in Amsterdam, Prague, Johannesburg, and Warsaw, operating our product throughout Sub-saharan Africa and Central and Eastern Europe. We offer over 10,000 hours of content and already have a large subscriber base after just launching in August 2015. We are backed by Naspers, which is one of the world’s largest technology and media companies, including ownership of DSTV/Multichoice, Africa’s largest satellite television provider, and interests in numerous technology companies, including a 35% stake in Tencent.
For our Prague office, we’re looking for a Retention Product Manager / Product Owner to join our growing team!
About the role :
This position will help drive the customer retention strategic and tactical roadmap as a core member of the product management team. It heavily relies on data and detailed analysis to provide different customers and customer types the best and most valuable parts of our service at the right points in their lifetime. The role is based in Prague.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics to define the Retention, Recommendations, and CRM roadmap for Showmax
- Manage the roadmap for retention focused features, such as push notification, in-app notifications, email, web notifications, and other ways to bring users back to the product
- Manage the recommendations roadmap for the business, help manage our recommendations partner, think about future features we should build using our recommendations and AI/ML, and think about how we should build out our recommendations functionality in the future
- Work closely with marketing and growth leaders across the company to integrate data to build the best retention features for our product
- Define new triggered and ongoing notifications for users to keep them engaging with Showmax
- Define new features related to recommendations that will span across our various platforms
- Analyze data related to customer retention to define key features. Experience in thinking about what new data needs to be included in CRM feeds to create optimal communication experiences
- Capable of managing across borders to work with our marketing teams in both South Africa and Poland and more as we expand
- Top-notch skills in both strategy and execution in an international context, ideally for a high growth technology company. You’ll need to frame and get buy-in on strategy from executive leadership, and then translate that strategy into priorities and projects (ideally 5+ years of experience)
- Product management skills in the area of email, push notifications, or data, ideally at least 3 years of experience in one or more of these areas
- Extremely efficient, with superb organizational skills. You’ll balance many projects and relationships simultaneously
- Available to work from Prague, but willing to travel internationally; experience launching product in other markets and countries
- Analytical and strategic, you use data to make decisions and lead your team
- Proven track record of effective leadership with the ability to motivate and inspire both teams and individuals
- Sense of humor and a get things done attitude