Tracking and Analytics Technical Product Manager
Introduction to the Team:
The Ad Tech + Customer Intelligence team manages and builds a best-in-class marketing technology stack. From a recommendations engine, to DSP integrations, to a Data Management Platform – we are building an intelligent, efficient and automated toolset to assist our marketers and provide the most leverage possible. This work stream takes full advantage of other proprietary systems to create a fast iteration cycle and easy development.
Nearly every facet of Wayfair utilizes the rich, historical data generated by our users to better understand the customer experience, make key business and marketing decisions, and report on the success of constant test iterations. The timely, accurate collection of this data is the core responsibility of the tracking team. From basic site activity, to database level changes, to inferred information based on activity (is the customer almost ready to buy a couch?), the tracking team helps create a real-time messaging system to power many downstream applications.
The data collected by the tracking platform you’ll be managing forms the bedrock of everything we do across Wayfair – from marketing, product recommendations and data science modeling to financial reporting.
As the technical product manager for the Tracking team at Wayfair, your job is to utilize strong quantitative skills and a firm understanding of the technologies you’ll be working with to drive the strategy and tactics that it takes to scale the tracking platform to support the ever expanding business and customer base.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a former analyst or engineer familiar with big data platforms and tracking software (such as google analytics, adobe marketing cloud, webtrends, mixpanel, etc.). This is a hands on product role, you love diving in and getting your hands dirty. You get excited when new challenges arise.
- Be the Tracking Platform expert – learn the product inside and out, be able to answer almost any question, dream about tracking.
- Working with large and complex SQL, Hive, Vertica databases.
- Prioritize many requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risk and development time
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and constituents up to date on the top level goals and timelines.
- Analyze collected data to ensure data integrity, devise new features and proactively suggest use cases to other departments.
- Market your product internally to various departments to ensure all available users know about your product and how they could value from it
- Translate business initiatives into engineering stories/tickets and do basic estimations for the level of effort necessary
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Regularly communicate our quarterly/monthly goals and progress to keep business stakeholders apprised of your work and product progress
- Provide regular trainings and communications on the product to various audiences.
- 1-3 years Product Management experience, with a focus on delivering products and improvement iterations
- Intermediate SQL. You must demonstrate an ability to understand table schemas, join techniques, and common operators like WHERE, CASE, etc.
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, especially when working with web-based (big) data. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. The ability to read and understand coding languages and the underlying logic
- Obsessive attention to detail that makes your product stand out to users
- Cultivate senior presence and be the leader of your product
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.