Digital Product Manager
(1 year FTC)
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th May 2018
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
Overview of the role:
To support product development for the Digital Engagement Programme. This role will work with external digital agencies & the internal team to ensure participant and internal stakeholder requirements are successfully captured and implemented across a number of digital products (apps, websites etc.)
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of engaging, informative and innovative digital experiences for specific target audience personas
- Serve as the key point of contact working with our digital agencies to detail and define requirements
- Use analytical evaluation & conduct competitor analysis or research to support product recommendations & design.
- Leverage best practise examples to deliver excellent customer experiences (UX/UI) primarily for mobile-led products
- Support and capture internal stakeholder requirements from across The FA organisation
- Support The FA lead and work with the external organisations to develop user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Quality control (via Show & Tell) the development of the digital products from a user experience and FA stakeholder perspective.
- Support, from an FA perspective, the development of a suitable test plan to gather feedback and insights on the digital products during the development process and prior to and post MVP release.
- Develop and support new product collateral for newly launched products working with internal marketing and communications team to ensure new digital initiatives are supported across the business
- Support the subsequent backlog prioritisation
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA Group’s changing priorities and strategic goals
What we are looking for:
- Good understanding of what makes a good digital experience across mobile or web
- Experience launching and managing both iOS and Android apps
- Excellent understanding of customer centric user experiences
- Experience of digital development methodologies and processes including agile
- Demonstrable contribution to the successful creation of quality digital products
- Great communication skills, including the ability to present to senior stakeholders
- A good degree of technical knowledge across mobile and web
- Clear drive and determination to complete tasks on time and to a high standard
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple products in different stages at the same time
- A keen interest and passion for innovation and technology
- Experience working on digital products that included integrated marketing suite functionality.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills with an expert eye for detail
- Possess an understanding of sports organisations & participants or equivalent industry (e.g. entertainment, education)
- Experience working with an external agency / third party suppliers
- Product management experience for mass consumer digital products
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.