Our mission is to improve the lives of people living with a skin disease.
Imagine develops image recognition-based artificial intelligence to give both patients and doctors a better understanding of the development of skin diseases, improving diagnoses and making it easier to find the right personalised combination of treatment and lifestyle.
Our focus is on chronic diseases such as psoriasis or eczema, where misdiagnosis rates can be as high as 55%, access to dermatologists involves long waiting times, and it often takes years of struggle to get correctly diagnosed and find a way to manage the disease.
Imagine’s complementary apps are used by thousands of patients around the world who track the development of their skin condition and thus provide us with valuable data points. We are a multi-disciplinary team of currently 20 people and as part of the LEO Innovation Lab located in central Copenhagen.
Read more about Imagine and how it is to work in our team here
In a nutshell
We are looking for a seasoned designer with a knack for beautiful mobile user experiences and a keen eye for detail; strongly rooted in UX and able to craft stunning finishes. You’ll join an international, passionate and fun team where you get to sink your teeth into design challenges that are spicy like a vindaloo. We guarantee you’ll be exposed to entirely new challenges at the intersection of patient behaviour and medtech, including leading edge computer vision and AI. Join us at Imagine and the rest of LEO Innovation Lab to make a difference in the lives of people living with skin diseases.
- Continuously improve the experience and performance of our products – including our 14-months old tracking-focused app, an internal web-based tool facilitating dermatological evaluations, and our yet to be conceptualised and developed AI-powered diagnostic product targeted at doctors and eventually consumers
- Design the most user-centred, friendliest solutions that take into account technical, business, compliance and medical opportunities and limitations
- Create seamless experiences mobile-first but with web and new platforms in mind
- Take rough ideas and challenge them, own them, build on them and take them all the way into well-rounded solutions that are allowed to look stunning
- Drive the user research process involving design sprint-esque efforts to deliver a stream of actionable knowledge to help validate and gain new ideas
- Use both your expert knowledge, user data and the insights of other team members to support design decisions
- Build wireframes, user journeys, interactive mockups and (together with developers) functional prototypes to validate design and business assumptions
- Work along and involve a team of very skilled developers and computer vision engineers from start to release and beyond
- Be the voice of the user in our team and a fun, social and caring colleague
You, the ideal candidate
- Build on your 5+ years diverse experience with ideally at least one significant mobile experience to make things work well and look great
- Have a strong methodological approach, set of frameworks and mental models to adapt to new challenges
- Are constructively critical, willing to challenge and be challenged by others and always looking for a way forward
- Have strong design opinions, convictions and excellent communication skills, but an open mindset to change opinions based on new realities, learnings and data insights
- Can closely work together with developers, medical experts, project leads and others and contribute to a working environment people feel energised and inspired by
- Are self-directed and can comfortable take initiative in ambiguity when needed
- Aren’t shy to take on responsibilities outside of your comfort zone – whether graphic design, editing copy, product management, taking the cups out of the dishwasher once in a while…
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to turn leading edge research into making a real impact on the lives of people suffering from skin diseases
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and premium health insurance
- Flexible holidays and an extra week after 9 months, so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Employee discounts for a range of activities and shops
- We have an on-site chef to serve lunch every weekday, have team breakfasts every Friday and if you’re running low in the afternoon, you can fuel up with a selection of snacks
- MacBooks and super-ultra-wide screens as your productivity base – unless you prefer otherwise