At Movem we believe in better, safer, transparent renting for everyone. We’re on a mission to improve the way people rent property, one tenancy at a time.
We’re a software startup making waves in the proptech industry. And right now we’re looking for the best and most creative talent to join our small, growing team in Brighton.
Movem have developed the best ever instant tenant reference, designed for letting agents. In fact, we’ve created an industry: the instant tenant reference using Open Banking, and very soon there will be copycat products in the market. This is our time, and we are going to capitalise on our advantage.
Find out more about what we do at https://movem.co.uk/
About the role
Movem are looking for an experienced and creative Product Manager to join our team in Brighton, and help us create best-in-class SaaS products.
We need somebody to come in and help run our dev team day-to-day, structure our sprints and build the foundations for a really scalable product. This is a brand new role for us – you’ll have the opportunity to come in and create processes from the ground up and make the role your own. As our only product manager, you’ll own the product – from daily standups to long-term roadmap.
The perfect candidate will be experienced compromising between customer requests, design or user experience recommendations, and the technical implications. You’ll be right at home in Asana or Jira, and are happy to often spending a large proportion of your day liaising with colleagues.
In the short term, we believe this role requires around 50% project management and 50% product management. Like every other member of our team, you’d be expected to cover the work where your expertise fits.
However, as we grow, we see the role evolving into a more senior product position. We’ll hire a dedicated Project Manager to cover the day-to-day running of the dev team, enabling you to focus on product roadmap and strategy, helping us to scale and grow.
The right person for this role will be someone who believes in our vision for a better rental process, and is driven by disruption and innovation. As a small team, ideas come from anywhere and everywhere, and you’ll be expected to put your tools down to have group discussions about moonshot ideas.
We are open to both middleweight and senior experience levels – and are willing to discuss salary requirements based on your experience.
If you have any questions about the role or team, please don’t hesitate to email our CEO, Peter (email@example.com), directly.
Salary £30-45k (Based on experience)
Location: Brighton, BN1
- 2+ years experience in product management
- Comfortable pivoting regularly and adjusting workflows
- Able to setup, run and maintain a work methodology (we are currently using Kanban but that can change)
- Experienced converting complex requirements or ideas into coherent, manageable tasks
- Confident communicating on a daily basis with designers, developers, QA testers and stakeholders to ensure everyone is on the same page product-wise
- Build and manage a prioritised roadmap of product features
- Keen to drive efficiencies in both the product experience and workflow
- Experience in data analysis, leveraging insights to inform product decisions
- Experience in conducting user testing to optimise and inform product decisions
- Willing to be the ‘keeper’ of our product
Traits of the right candidate
- Ambitious and driven to help build a great tech company
- Great attention to detail (seriously, really great)
- Comfortable with change and regular pivots
- A desire to never stop learning
- A people person, who is able to liaise with everyone in the team
What life at Movem is like
There are plenty of reasons to work at Movem, but if there’s anything missing we’re always happy to accommodate. Our priority is getting the right people on board.
- 28 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Flexible working hours (WFH when needed)
- Choose your own gear