We’re on a mission to create a repeatable and reliable methodology to build truly innovative startups that will define the future. Our incubator creates entirely new products from scratch and turns promising concepts into prototypes, and ultimately an MVP, validating decisions commercially along the way to attract a founding team that can spin out into a fully-fledged business.
What we need:
As our Product Designer at Founders Factory, you’ll be working together with a team of designers, developers and product people to rapidly turn ideas into not only new products, but entirely new businesses. Your responsibility will be end to end design thinking. You will create high-quality design work from initial research through to prototypes and design outputs as a part of an iterative approach to product development.
As our Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Leading visual and interaction design for our incubated businesses across all our industry sectors
- Building prototypes to test your designs in the hands of real users
- Investigating and experimenting with new technologies, tools, and design languages in order to continuously improve your skills and productivity
- Working as an advisor on design and strategy to companies and teams in the accelerator
- Drive innovation, visual consistency and creativity across our business
- Work with rest of the design and product team to act as thought leaders and to establish a strong external presence for design at Founders Factory
- Advise on all aspects of design including branding, typography, service design and marketing
As our Product Designer, you will possess the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Able to identify market opportunities and help define product vision and strategy
- You can balance detail and simplicity, in order to create experiences that users love.
- Have built a product from scratch
- Demonstrated ability operating in an ambiguous environment
- You can craft beautiful, intuitive interfaces on a variety of platforms but also enjoy diving deeper into the product design process and solving big problems – whilst also delighting users and stakeholders.
- Experience in customer facing product design across at least two industry verticals (e.g. financial services, retail, gaming)
- Demonstrate a proven track record in delivering successful products that users love from ideation to launch
- Be structured in your approach to understanding users, and frame design decisions around your findings
- Intense focus on production value and attention to detail, showcasing a portfolio of products both beautiful and functional
- At least three years of design experience in roles demonstrating leadership and ingenuity
Ideal candidates would also possess:
- Experience designing for wearable, AR, VR or non-traditional devices and platforms.
- Exposure to branding, print design, service design or other non-software outputs
- A track record of contributing to the design community at large in an area of expertise
We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is your rare chance to contribute across the full business spectrum to become a founder in the future.
- Growth: Work with and meet exceptional talent. Learn faster than you ever have before.
- Autonomy: Freedom to execute, build businesses, not just products.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive extended health care coverage, standing desks, Yoga, and Stretch O’Clock.
- Office Meals: Catered lunches, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Paul’s Irish Bar.