FutureLearn is transforming access to education and is one of the world’s largest social learning platforms.
Based in London’s Camden Town, we offer online courses, programs and degrees run by over 100 leading universities from around the world including UCL, University of California Berkeley, University of Edinburgh, University of Melbourne, King’s College London, Purdue University and University of Groningen. We also work offer online courses from specialist education providers including CIPD, UNESCO and the Raspberry PI foundation.
Our vision is a global community, where everyone learns together and enjoys access to the education they need to transform their lives. Our award-winning platform helps by provoking conversation around the course material, so that learners and educators learn as much from each other as from the material itself.
Since our launch in September 2013, we’ve run hundreds of courses that have attracted over 7.5 million learners from all over the world and we’ve seen over 19 million enrolments on our open online courses and are now working with our partners to pioneer a more modular and accessible approach to studying full degrees.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Product Evangelist to engage with our degree partners – from early in the business development process to launch and beyond. They will need to work with our partners to understand their needs, evangelise about how they can be met using FutureLearn’s existing product and services and provide advice about best practice.
- Owning, managing and running integration projects with partners
- Educating and empowering our partners to deliver
- Being the technical point of contact for existing degree partners
- Communicating how new features that we ship can be used by partners
- Producing the collateral and designing the workshops that will allow university IT teams to quickly and efficiently get up and running
- Collaborating with the degrees product team on producing technical and user experience documentation
- Gathering and providing the product team with customer insights to help shape the product roadmap
- Creating webinars, blog posts, white papers, tutorials and other communications that support technical teams using FutureLearn
As the number of partners offering degrees on FutureLearn grows, the product evangelist will also be responsible for nurturing and supporting the technical community that we will create around it and use this understanding to help inform the future development of the product.
This role will establish a new discipline at FutureLearn and in future may be asked to grow and develop a team.
- You can empathise with, engage and build close trusting relationships with a diverse range of partners
- You have the ability to build connections and understand how to instigate action in large and complex organisations
- You can deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions and integrations
- Willingness to travel and spend time on the ground with partners including Europe, US and Australia and work irregular hours (with flexible working hours to support this)
- You are highly organised and able to help partners run integration projects
- You are friendly and approachable and great at communicating complex issues to a range of both to internal and external stakeholders
- You are comfortable driving conversations and acting independently as well as collaboratively
- You are able to see opportunities within partnerships and capitalise upon them
- You understand technical implementations and able to communicate these
- An understanding of higher education and tools that are commonly used
- A background in software engineering
- Technical writing skills (or be willing to learn!)
- 28 days holiday (plus 8 days public holiday)
- Buy & sell up to 5 days holiday
- Charity day (volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket loan
- Flexible working environment/hours
- Pension (4% employer / employee contribution)
- Great coffee, teas & fruit and snacks
- Complimentary breakfast
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations to be made, to support you through the recruitment process.
We value diversity at FutureLearn, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodiversity, marital or disability status.
Please note: This is not a remote working position and you must have the right to work in the UK to apply. No recruitment agents please.