News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an organisation that holds journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and digital products include some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world: the Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun – reaching 30 million people each week. Despite differences in audience and content our brands are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects our customers.
Technology, a team with people and product at our heart. Passionate and trusted experts creating industry leading solutions through attracting and developing the best talent. CTO of the Year (Tech Leaders) 2017, Christina Scott, leads the department and has worked for many years transforming technology teams in media companies.
The Product, User Experience & Design team are responsible for digital product management, user experience and design, product strategy and new product incubation across The Sun, The Times & Sunday Times as well as Digital Platform products that support both titles. Our product managers bring together and balance the technological capabilities, the commercial opportunities, the consumer insights and the distinctive content of our brands, to create digital user experiences that attract new users, engage and delight users, and generate value for the business.
As the Head of Digital Platform Products you will play a pivotal role in the business. Responsible for the vision, strategy and delivery of the portfolio of platform products for News UK. The digital platform products encompasses identity, entitlements and paywalls, customer profile, subscription management, payments, billing and reporting.
Recognised as the person responsible for the holistic platform product ecosystem across News UK. You will align the strategic business needs of the News UK brands (The Sun and The Times) and their product portfolios ensuring they are being served by the platform products, as well as building future proof platform capabilities. You will also work closely with your colleagues globally across NewsCorp to share best practices and leverage the latest technologies to deliver new platform capabilities.
An exciting opportunity you will define and deliver operational performance and support of platform products portfolio throughout its lifecycle.
Day to day you will:
- Lead development of the Digital Platform Products, working closely with the Technology Architects and Engineering Managers you will create solutions that are fit for purpose and developed to our engineering standards.
- Work with design and development teams to develop the entire product life cycle from strategic experience planning to tactical activities.
- Galvanise what we do and communicate this around the portfolio – you are the single source of truth for stakeholders and customers, articulating a consistent and clear story.
- Apply lifecycle analysis to determine appropriate investment levels and when to transition or retire products and features.
The skills we look for:
- You have delivered digital platform products from ideation to delivery, and managed them through their product lifecycle.
- Passionate about building scalable and cost effective platform products that drive value for the business as well as a great user experience.
- You have developed commercially viable products and services
- You have worked in an agile environment and love this way of working. Showing practicality when approaching projects.
You are passionate about digital products and are likely to attend and speak at product meet up’s and conferences. You are collaborative by nature and love bringing teams together to develop best in class products. Happy to challenge the status quo whist adept at navigating a multifaceted organisation, you always look for the possible and lead teams to do the same.