The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity? ?
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to help turn our mission from vision to reality, working from the beginning to the end of product building, from new disruptive ideas to detailed iterations on microinteractions. We believe in a high Designer to Engineer ratio and need to grow our Product Design team to work with our growing Engineering team. Intercom is a design led company and an empowering place for designers to work. Come join us and help shape our newest and fastest growing product.
What will I be doing? ?
- Act as leaders within the Product Design team, collaborate with other designers to make their work and the whole team better.
- Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that for disruptive new products and features, then designing the workflows and detailed interactions to realise them.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team.
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
- Own the success or failure of their design work and initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work.
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events.
What skills and experience do I need? ?
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products.
- Experience designing experiences that people can access on any type of device: desktop, tablet, phone.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving through to detailed UI and visual design.
- The ability to create beautiful high-fidelity mockups of your designs using Sketch, Figma, etc.
- The ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Excellent communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- Excellent self-starter who can deeply collaborate with engineers.
Do you offer any benefits? ?
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! 🙂
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner every weekday! There are also snacks and drinks on tap to keep you topped up
- Regular compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to £90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Where does Intercom stand on diversity?
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.