As product executive, you will be part of a digital product team working across 10 leading business to business brands in the marcomms and medical sectors. You will be involved in a wide variety of projects including website, mobile and app development, digital optimisation and custom commercial initiatives.
This position is ideal for someone who would like to build a career in product management and has ambitions to become a product manager. It is a very hands on, tactical role for someone who understands the importance of forming a bridge between technical and business requirements acting as the key interface between the development team and the business. Whilst the role has its challenges for someone new to product development, Haymarket is committed to providing the training necessary for the role and plan a clear career path to progress in product management.
The successful candidate will report to the head of product, but will be required to work with a broad group consisting of developers, web producers and project managers as well as business divisions including editorial, marketing and sales departments.
– Collate and evaluate functionality requests from across the Brand Republic and Medical groups.
– Work with the product director and head of product to specify and manage development requirements and backlog items for projects with Haymarket developers or third parties including writing user stories, acceptance criteria and final testing.
– Become an expert/key point of contact for our proprietary content management system.
– Act as the key interface between the development team and the product team for day to day queries and specifications.
– Raise, prioritise and track bugs and change requests.
– Function effectively as the interface between commercial, content, development and design teams to specify and deploy successful new products or product enhancements. – Support the head of product and product director on large scale digital builds.
– Ensure our websites and digital products continue to have the high standards of usability and functionality required for commercial success and remain competitive with their rivals.
– Provide reports for content and commercial teams on site usage and interaction with advertising when required.
– Any other additional duties as required by the head of product or product director.
– Good problem solving skills and an analytical approach to work.
– Good verbal and written communicator. Previous experience working in a digital media company is preferred.
– Experience or knowledge of content management systems, ad-serving software and email marketing systems.
– Knowledge of analytics packages, such as Google
– Analytics and Adobe Site Catalyst, preferred.