Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe andAsia Pacific.
As we grow and expand our client-facing work, Altus Analytics is seeking a Business Analyst (BA) to join our team in London. This is an opportunity who has a passion for solving complex problems using a shared vision with the client and strong technical skills. A BA who wants to design and own innovative solutions throughout our development process.
Who you are
You are a Commercial Real Estate Analyst or Consultant with experience translating requirements into specifications for a B2B software company. You want to join a rapidly scaling company that is an industry leader where you can grow into a product or release manager role.
What’s in it for you
- Impact and exposure. You want to further develop your client-facing skills while gaining more insights into the real estate development industry. Insights you can use to inform feature and solution development. You want to join a product company focused on expanding their solutions and owning a bigger piece of the #PropTech market.
- Career development. You want to be part of a team and a company that is making a difference. A place where your strengths will be recognized and you will be given the chance to work towards a Senior BA or Product Manager role on this or another one of our leading products.
What you will do
- Be a champion. You can represent either the client or the ARGUS development organization to guarantee everybody ends up satisfied. You are able to take a vision and champion both sides from the initial meeting to solution implementation.
- Start conversations and probe for details. You can creatively elicit ideas and validate requirements.
- Design solutions. You can produce functional and non-functional specification documentation incorporating text, mock-ups and wireframes for any and every level of audience.
- Drive. You investigate issues thoroughly and create effective solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities. You are always looking for ways to improve processes and you always ensure your communications have been received and are clearly understood.
- Own it. You take pride in ensuring that the released software delivers true value to our customers and satisfies all success criteria. You want to take responsibility for large and complex projects with very little supervision.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with Developers, Architects, QA Analysts and Technical Writers to:
- Size and endorse the stories.
- Validate the implementation approach.
- Ensure accuracy in solution design.
- Review the test results and ensure timely resolution of bugs.
- Provide content to the technical writing team for online help and release notes.
What we are looking for
- An ideal combination of education and experience. You have a University degree and an understanding of financial issues or of the world of commercial real estate. CBAP or PMI-PBA certification would be an asset. You have 5 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst or Service Consultant in the CRE industry and ideally, experience with ARGUS ValCap.
- A true sense of obligation and responsibility. You are invested in satisfying the needs of our clients – your clients- and you work hard to do it well, on spec and on time. You are motivated to find answers and innovate solutions.
- A commitment to the Agile methodology. You have experience with Scrum activities: Daily standups, Sprint-Planning, Demos and Retrospectives. Hands-on knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle is a bonus.
- A team oriented personality. Your commitment and focus influence those around you to do better. You gain satisfaction when the team wins. You are passionate about growing, building and mentoring a team.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyze various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity for your development team. You can creatively solve complex problems in property valuation.
- A natural sense of curiosity. You are an information-seeker who digs deeper and asks a series of probing questions to get at the root of a problem. You can create powerful user stories detailing the needs of your clients.
- A genuine interest in new tools and technology. You have technical knowledge around databases and reporting. You learn new software quickly without documentation or hand holding.
- A winning communication style. You are concise, on point and effective. You can communicate complex requirements and technical details clearly across the team.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Analytics a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.