We are looking for a Product Owner to lead the development of our hotel search experience, helping users find, understand and compare the best hotel offers on the planet. As one of the world’s leading hotel marketplaces, we bring amazing hotel offers to millions of visitors around the world every month. You’ll be responsible for one of the most important steps in this process – helping our users to search, find the right offer for them, and to make an informed decision. You’ll build the best features in the industry to help them find exactly what they’re looking for, and bring them great suggestions that help them find the perfect offer and save money. You understand deeply that what we present to our users is just as important as how we present it, and you’ll use every piece of data at your disposable to help the user know when to book, where to stay, what offer to pick, offering them guidance and smart suggestions based on their behaviour.
If you like the idea of solving some of the toughest problems in travel, delivering delightful experiences for millions of users, and building a truly unique product – you might be the person we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing
- Constantly looking for ways to help our users book smarter – understanding what questions our users might have and finding ways to surface the right answers. Whether through applying the right sort order to a set of hotels, suggesting a great deal that the would otherwise have missed out on, or telling the user the right time to book, you help amaze our users.
- Understanding intimately what our users are expecting, through both qualitative and quantitative means. You’ll know our users like the back of your hand.
- Making sure our website is a great platform to build upon – you’re responsible for making sure that our users love every minute of their time on our site
- Managing the backlog for the services you own and ensuring delivery. You help to conceive the features, write the requirements, manage the build and implementation, and make sure it works as expected.
- Building a water-tight process for getting things done and delivering on our goals; if there’s something we should be doing then make it happen.
- Always being up to date on the latest technologies, our tech stack and changes in our industry. You want to be on the cutting edge.
- Working with the rest of the business and the leadership team to understand and define our strategic opportunities and set our priorities, and translate them to both the short term (sprints) and long term (vision); you define the product roadmap.
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a stand-up and help identify and remove any roadblocks your squad is facing. Before lunch you sit with a few of the team to review the output of recent user research sessions; you learn where we can double-down and deliver delight, and where we are still not meeting user expectations. After a healthy lunch you take this data into a product review session with your team, slicing up the features that are ready for prime-time and prioritising tasks for the next sprint. Before heading home you grab a beer (or another tasty beverage) and start debating with your product analyst about some possible weaknesses in our hotel sort order, and how we can strength it.
You will be working daily leading a small team of amazing developers, a UX designer and a product analyst. You’ll be supported by a technical lead and by other POs around the company, and we’ll work together to make sure we’re all in sync and rowing in the same direction.
People we love
- E-commerce or travel experience – you know exactly what users expect when searching and buying online. You’ve built great experiences that you’re proud to share.
- Experience in using data to empower users and make products better. Whether it’s personalisation, smart and relevant suggestions, or knowing how to predict what the user wants to see – you’ve worked on similar problems in the past.
- Plenty of PO experience – this isn’t your first rodeo. You’re used to leading teams, defining direction, and delighting users. You’ve delivered amazing products at scale before.
- Passionate about solving problems, and able to translate those solutions into requirements that your team can execute on
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English (we’re 100% international – no Dutch required)
- A fast learner with a curious mind who is willing to experiment – we’re solving new problems all the time, you need to know how to make intuitive leaps and navigate your way to the right solutions
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in a diverse international team in a fast growing start-up environment
- Loads of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself
- An agile environment where communication and initiative are valued and cherished
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- A fun work environment that includes a delicious lunch, fruits & snacks, beer tap, ping pong and foosball
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- A spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam