About Sandpit Lab
Today’s most successful organisations create their advantage by being the fastest to sense, adapt, and respond to disruption in their market.
We are innovation partners, building marketing tech businesses in partnership with corporate marketing and innovation teams; places like Nike, American Express, Sky and Starbucks.
Our combination of innovation lab and commercial accelerator makes us uniquely positioned and able to do this. The lab designs and builds new marketing products. Our accelerator then takes them to market, with the endorsement of our awesome partners. Because our financial success is based on the future commercialisation of each product, we can build products at a fraction of market rates and have a vested interest in only building great product.
Real-time social alerts, twitter takeover technology, fast content creation and a proximity-driven marketing platform
About the Role
The Sandpit Lab is recruiting for an awesome Product Manager to work in our Shoreditch offices. This person should know the user, own the value proposition and product vision and understand how to get the most out of the development team. We are an innovation business, you should have a passion for discovering and understanding emerging technologies.
- Work closely with multiple clients collaboratively to understand their group vision for the product.
- Understand the user value proposition, i.e. the big win
- Understand the commercial opportunity for the Lab
- Lead product design, vision and UX, and break them down into actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Lead the development team; prioritize, plan the roadmap, and deliver software as efficiently as possible.
- Evangelise lean and agile methodologies both internally and to clients
- Be a part of the Product Management community and practices, e.g. attend Mind the Product and Product Camp.
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes within the team
- Manage the relationship with the customer, including customer development, delivery expectations and user insight
- Research and understand new technologies of relevance to Lab projects and partners, develop a Lab point of view and stimulate new thinking
- 1+ years of product management experience
- Skilled at understanding user needs and value propositions, and defining and prioritising features
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technically-advanced features to non-technical people
- Proven client management experience
- Previous success scrum-leading an agile development team
- Experience in a continuous delivery environment
- Researching and synthesising insights and opportunities from new technologies, including ideation of new value propositions
- Starting salary £38k+, plus options.
- This is an enormous opportunity for the right person. You will be part of a team leading the growth of a host of new and exciting digital marketing products. The Lab’s goal is to make each of these products a success and your role will be instrumental in that process.
- Given the growth orientation of Sandpit Lab there will be good career progression opportunities, an excellent Shoreditch office location and lots of social bonding opportunities with the Sandpit Lab team!