The Knowledge Labs Product Manager will play a key role in expanding the innovation capabilities of BSI. Knowledge Labs explores new products, services, and business models that can form key parts of our future value proposition to BSI’s customers.
The PM will act as the “voice of the customer”, ensuring that customer requirements are at the heart of our product development activities. The role’s primary focus will be to help us maximize speed to value and customer impact by using Lean Startup tools and developing experiments to validate the Desirability, Viability, and Feasibility of new value propositions.
This is a multi-faceted, technical and commercial role that requires that the PM consider and articulate the strategic “big picture”, whilst being involved in the fine detail of product proposition research, design, validation, analysis and delivery within the scope of the Knowledge Labs framework.
The PM will work in a small team of innovation-orientated product managers, in addition to external consultants and cross-functional project teams formed from all streams of the BSI business – Product, Standards Development, IT, Content Solutions, Sales, Marketing and Customer Support – to drive effective delivery of new product propositions to meet customer need.
Do you believe the world deserves excellence?
BSI is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 150 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe.
An excellent opportunity for a Product Manager to join our team in Chiswick, West London.
- Experience validating value propositions using “lean startup” and user centred development methodologies
- Direct product development experience with online information.
- Demonstrable experience in gathering and prioritising customer requirements for information products.
- Experience working with technical teams to articulate business requirements.
- Experience in working in the STM publishing industry.
- Knowledge of creating integrated, multi-content products.
- Knowledge of standards development processes and data.
- Experience of customer research and gathering and prioritising customer requirements for information products.
- Strong leadership, persuasion, influencing and motivational skills.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM).
- Formal training or certification in Product Management (e.g. Pragmatic Marketing, Tarigo, AIPMM).
- A “can do”, problem-solving approach.
- Digital skills and a desire to discover and innovate.
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be determined, self-motivated and able to work well as part of a cross-functional team.
- The desire and ability to quickly learn about new products and tools.
- A genuine interest in digital publishing, data and information services.
What we offer:
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.