In this role, you will be expected to work closely with design to lead the research, discovery, prioritization and roadmap process for a set of features and functionality that drive reader and listener engagement, encourage membership and help our customers get the most out of their NPR digital experience. You will work closely with peers in design, technology, project management and the newsroom to set priorities and ensure a smart, ambitious product vision.
- Own the overall product plan and roadmap.
- Iterate with design and insights teams on usability studies, research and market analysis to integrate new and innovate product requirements into roadmap that enhance user satisfaction.
- Partner with the entire build team (design, engineering, product) to establish requirements that deliver the best possible consumer experience.
- Collaborate with NPR’s business, editorial, operations and project management teams to ensure that all new opportunities are evaluated, tested and rolled out together.
- Define metrics and systems to track product performance. Clearly communicate performance and use data to evaluate and prioritize roadmap.
- Engage with consumers regularly to maintain expert level understanding of their reading and listening needs and how NPR’s digital platform can solve for them while engaging with and delivering value to Member Stations.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration across all disciplines.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent customer experience intuition- demonstrated success in creating innovative, user-friendly websites and/or mobile applications.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills– extreme comfort with data-driven decision making and performing financial and operational analysis.
- Implementation proficiency– ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements.
- Excellent communication skills- demonstrated success for building buy-in for innovate and bold product vision.
- Technical aptitude – ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
The exact level of this position will be determined based on the selected candidate’s experience and skills
- 3+ years experience in product management with experience launching start to finish web/mobile/service products a plus.
- Experience working on agile enabled teams.
- Experience with global consumer digital platforms strongly desired.