Product Owners at GoAnimate have a critical role to play in the success of product development. They act as the Voice of the Customer collecting and providing actionable insights to the Implementation Team.
They advocate the product vision and guide the Implementation Team’s decisions to deliver optimal value to customers following the roadmap. They make sure stakeholders are kept in the loop and aligned with the team’s initiatives.
Role & Responsibilities
* Assist the Senior Product Manager to develop user stories, build out and groom backlogs, ensure scope and priorities are clear for the Implementation Team, etc.
* Track progress of sprint (if applicable), and raise any velocity issues
* Set up regular updates and communication to stakeholders on product development status
* Act as a team builder and problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment.
* Identify and quickly remove roadblocks to keep processes and teams running smoothly.
* Be an expert communicator with both technical and non-technical team members, with a positive & proactive attitude.
* Be an evangelist for your team’s mission and priorities. Help customers and others in our organization understand Product’s vision.
* Communicate technology and product requirements and solutions effectively and advocate for the customer.
* Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities.
* Coordinates and performs user acceptance testing to ensure that the end product adheres to the user story acceptance criteria
* Understand technical and business details that are relevant to a given initiative to ensure success of feature/product in delivering maximum user and business value
* Assist Senior Product Manager to plan and conduct user/competitor research to gather user/market insight, analyze findings and derive suggestion to develop user stories
* Assist in defining and gathering KPIs to monitor progress of product engagement on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to inform real-time course corrections and longer-term enhancements
* Bachelor degree or above, Computer Science or Information Systems Management preferred
* 2-4 years working as part of a digital product development team, with exposure to the Agile methodology
* Strong desire/self-motivation to learn new technologies and frameworks
* Experience with managing projects is a plus
* Completes tasks with excellent organizational and communication skills
* Understands the importance of process and documentation
* Able to work independently and as a team
* Attention to detail and think-outside-the-box mentality
* Fluent English (spoken, written). Fluent Cantonese preferred.
* Open and flat culture that lets you make real impact
* Friendly and collaborative work environment
* Medical Insurance Performance-based yearly bonus
* Five-day work week
* Birthday Holiday
* Free lunch every Monday
* Video games and Ping Pong for breaks
* 5 minute walk from Sheung Wan MTR
* Close to numerous affordable great restaurants
* The most comfortable and energizing open office in town
* Free snacks, fruits, coffee, and other drinks
* Beer Fridays!