Def Method is looking for a passionate Product Manager with past experience in web development to join our team in Manhattan, NY. We are a growing software development consultancy that is dedicated to being agile in our processes, transparent in our practices, and developing software that lasts long after we have signed off the project. We are committed to continuous learning and growth, and we have an especially incredible environment for those that highly value diversity, knowledge sharing, TDD, and working in agile teams. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our customers.
Def Method Product Managers manage a range of projects varying from greenfield projects to building on well established products across various industries. They fully own the project managing scope, deliverables and communication across the project team.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for managing multiple varied ongoing projects at a time
- Own and communicate the short, medium and long term release plan for customer products
- Own the backlog and prioritize development of features to deliver the most valuable features within the project time frame
- Write user stories to define product requirements
- Communicate product requirements and priorities between designers, engineering team and key stakeholders both on and offshore
- Communicate project status and deliverable time frames to key stakeholders
- Monitor, measure and evaluate success of projects and iterate as needed
- Lead daily standups, weekly planning meetings and kickoff meetings
- Create and develop metrics (data) to evaluate the usage and success of the products for which you’re accountable
- Assist with code reviews on projects
- Share industry best practices with the team and with customers to drive results
- Be part of a diverse team that looks to learn something from each other everyday
Who You Are
- You have at least 2 years of working experience as a Product Manager and prior experience in web application development.
- You have experience in leading, formally or informally, and motivating a team.
- You have experience working with agile development methodology.
- You are capable of making and understanding the impact of complex prioritization decisions under pressure.
- You can lead and facilitate meetings (face to face and remote).
- You can author and breakdown user stories/use cases with engineers.
- You take pride in your work and take your commitments seriously.
- You like to talk to people about their challenges, and lead the priorities of a team delivering software/systems to solve the hard problems engineers face in the domain of scale and wanting to build new functionality quickly.
- A swiss-army-knife; as a growing company we need versatile team-members who can switch gears quickly and code a little from time to time.
- You are looking for a challenge and looking to grow: At Def Method we highly value ongoing education and growth.
- You live in or around, or are willing to relocate to NYC.
Def Method offers
- Work-Life balance with 40 hour work weeks
- Comprehensive insurance (health, dental, vision)
- 401(k) plan with employer match up to 4%
- Generous vacation
- Unlimited sick time policy, and 1 month of PTO for professional development
- Opportunities for speaking and writing engagements
- No / minimal travel