This Product Manager role is a strategic role across the OSP CFC Platform, focussed on coordinating and aligning the direction of platform level products and services, including user experience, data platform, release management, cloud costs.
You’ll work with the product team to define our strategy, roadmap and transform this into feature definition which will fit into the Platform’s wider vision and ensure the product we’re building is in-line with the company’s needs and strategy. Beyond Ocado, as a subject matter expert, you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the global UX, data and cloud market and will use this to inform our vision.
Within the department, you’ll work to coordinate key decisions, work out any disagreements, break ties and get everyone to commit to a plan we can all agree on. You’ll ensure that the product function is in-sync and able to do their best work.
You’ll play a key role within the CFC Product Team working closely with the Head of Product and other Product Managers to look after the product health. You’ll pioneer initiatives that support product owners in the area to work as effectively as possible and help roll-out successful initiatives elsewhere.
Outside CFC you’ll work closely with the wider Ocado Solutions teams to ensure that we are shipping the right product to our retailers. You will be the go-to person for insight into the OSP CFC platform and will act as an enabler of information between the product team and Solutions/clients. This will ensure we build excellent relationships with current and prospective retailers, including Ocado.com, Morrisons, Casino, Sobeys, and establish ways of working that complement product development.
This is not an ivory tower role – all of this will be done in close collaboration with the rest of the Product and Engineering teams. You’ll need to be a great communicator and influencer who can build an atmosphere of cohesiveness and focused collaboration between all the members of the team, all with the shared goal of driving the product forward.
What You Will Do:
- Establishing a vision for the area in alignment with Platform goals
- Analysing the market to keep our products on the leading edge
- Part of a team of product managers who look after the product health of the platform
- Represent, interface and engage with the customer
- A pioneer of initiatives that support product owners to make doing product easier in their area
- A go-to person for insight on their area from outside the stream
- An enabler and signposter to expertise in their area
- Coordinating support on features that cross broad areas of the platform
- Support the solutions team in their activities with existing and new customers
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment, ideally as a Product Manager, but possibly as a Product Owner or a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent relationship building, networking and influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines
- Commercially astute with a proven track record demonstrating business acumen
- An understanding and appreciation for software development and design, solid technical skillset
We’re Also Interested In:
- A strong track record in the fulfilment, warehouse or commercial software development sectors.
- Strong technical skills and an analytic mindset
- Previous experience in a Product Development role
- Track record delivering high quality software that meets business need in a timely fashion
- Experience in estimating the value of software features, and in cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases
- Experience of managing a product/portfolio backlog
- Previous experience in UX
- Solid understanding of major cloud provider and cloud cost models