Chewy is hiring a Senior Product Manager, Search Experience in our Boston, MA office. This role’s primary focus will be in defining and delivering the product vision for customer search. You will own the entire search experience across all Chewy properties. This role will require a strong understanding of search technology, ability to simplify complex problems and work collaboratively with design, development, QA + leadership teams to implement customer solutions at scale.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter/problem-solver with proven experience working across an organization to get things done. You will be adept at cutting through large data sets to derive meaningful customer insights that fuel roadmap prioritization and performance measurement. You will be versed in every phase of the search journey from search bar engagement, search query classification, product result relevancy, narrowing + evaluating results and integration of learning feedback loops. A familiarity with Apache SOLR is a plus.
Our Product Team is organized into groups each focused on different aspects of the customer experience:
- Shopping – Help customers find and discover the products that are right for their pets. This spans our homepage, search, navigation, and personalization experiences.
- Conversion – Give customers the information and tools they need to make the right purchase decisions. This spans our product detail page and new category experiences.
- Buying – Enable customers to seamlessly complete their purchase and manage their account and preferences. This spans our cart, checkout, account management, and user generated content experiences
- Native Mobile Apps – Envision and build app-specific features in addition to supporting the core shopping experiences outlined above. This spans our iOS and Android apps as well as emerging platforms.
- Internal Tools – Build self-service tools that empower business users and drive efficiency. This spans our content management, site merchandising, customer service, and other internal tools.
What you’ll do:
- Exhibit a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and superior communication skills; be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Have a passion for delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
- Utilize data to understand customer behavior as well as business objectives; transform those insights into clear requirements for product enhancements and new features.
- Develop and maintain product roadmap(s) for your product(s) ensuring product vision aligns with a best-in-class customer experience and broader business objectives; communicate roadmap clearly across the organization.
- Use both quantitative and qualitative reasoning to break down complex problems into actionable plans.
- Use Agile methodologies to deliver and iterate on new features at a fast pace.
- Guide cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and analysts and play a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization.
- Monitor performance of your product(s) and measure impact of product enhancements; communicate impact clearly across the organization and use to drive prioritization.
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
- (For Managers) Hire, manage and develop a team of Product and Associate Product managers.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years experience in ecommerce or B2C product management.
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products demonstrating measurable business impact.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging customer experiences.
- Cross-functional leadership experience with the demonstrated ability to develop teams and lead them to success.
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, people-oriented attitude.
- (For Managers) Experience managing a team.
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and A/B and/or multi-variate testing a plus.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA from a top-tier program preferred.