We’re a small team of high performers who have built the leading African Mobile First Consumer Lending Business. In the most promising but also challenging market in Sub Saharan Africa, we are ranked #1 for Finance apps (and #41 overall) in Google Play in Nigeria. We are a fast growing business (5%/month) and are well funded. Our talented team is spread between Lagos, Cape Town and San Francisco. As we expand our platform to new markets (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, Egypt), we are planning to establish our senior leadership in London.
We are looking for an inquisitive, creative and driven Senior Product Manager to take over ownership of all things product. You’ll be working directly with our co-founders and the VP of Engineering to build our global automated financial services platform, and launching smartphone-based lending and payments products in multiple countries.
Perks include: Regular travel to the fastest growing and promising region for Fintech, hardware of your choice, regular team events.
- Introducing new features into the Paylater app, including a virtual Visa card
- Work with our Senior UX Designer to redesign the UX for our app into a cohesive whole
- Launch in three countries (re-launch the new app in Nigeria, plus two additional countries)
- Work with the VP of Engineering to turn the current app into a platform, which can be rolled out with different feature subsets in different countries
- Defining and implementing an overarching product vision and roadmap
- Build, maintain, advocate and execute on the product roadmap vision
- Partner with the VP of Engineering to deliver new features and launch in ensure new functionality is built in scalable and flexible ways
- Constantly on the lookout for new best practices that can be adapted for your own work
- Strong influencing skills with tech and non-tech colleagues
- Strong empathy for users very different from yourself, e.g. low-income consumers in emerging markets
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical people (both oral and written)
- Commercial sense
- Track record of facilitating the creation of a product roadmap
- Currently or formerly a Product Manager in a tech company