The Press Association is seeking to enhance its Digital Product Development team with the appointment of 2 Product Development Managers. One will be based in our London office and one will be based in our London or Howden office.
The Product Development function facilitates the commercially-driven creation of digital products and solutions for B2B clients, as well as for customer-facing propositions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining product roadmaps, requirements gathering, writing product specifications and the co-ordination of non-technical project tasks. The role will also involve building partnerships with development agencies and start-ups in order to find new routes to market for Press Association content.
In addition, one role will have responsibility for the delivery and management of editorial News, Sport and Entertainment products and services, with a focus on News and Images. whilst the other role will have responsibility for the delivery and management of data-driven News, Sport and Entertainment products and services, with some focus on Racing (and Betting) and Sport generally.
• Take overall ownership for the full lifecycle of editorial products or complex, data-driven products
• Work with internal development teams and external agencies to define and deliver B2B and B2C products and prototypes, ensuring that development is aligned to and supports the company’s overall strategy and goals
• Develop and maintain core project documentation, including product scoping, market analysis, detailed business/customer requirements and product usage data
• Work with senior managers to create pitch proposals for prospective customers, to help PA win new business
• Ensure that user experience, user interface and design of products is a foremost consideration throughout the development process – carry out user testing sessions as appropriate
• Experience of delivering consumer-facing digital, editorial products across News, Sport and Entertainment (a background in News and Image products would be advantageous)
• Demonstrable experience of developing product roadmaps and working in Agile teams to prioritise development of features and functionality to meet defined goals
• Ability to assess customer requirements, available systems and content to deliver optimal integrated solutions
£35,000 – £40,000, depending on experience