Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands. In Britain, we set the benchmark for multimedia publishing excellence with brands including Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Condé Nast Traveller, Tatler, The World of Interiors, House & Garden, LOVE, Brides, and Condé Nast Johansens. We inspire across print, digital, social, events, consultancy and – with the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design – education.
Conde Nast is seeking a Product Manager to support the Head of Product in implementing the product strategy for all our consumer-facing products, including 8 websites which reach more than 13 million users each month.
Reporting into the Head of Product, you will help shape the development roadmap for the in-house platform which powers our consumer-facing products, including CMSes, APIs and a raft of in-house editorial tools.
You will be part of a small product and design team and work alongside a team of in-house engineers. As well as informing a robust, ambitious roadmap you will provide digital support to our digital, editorial and commercial departments and take ownership of projects and products which are key to our growth.
You must be able to problem solve on a daily basis, with a strong emphasis on ‘self-help’ solutions. You’ll seek out answers by studying documentation; by conferring with users, product and development teams; by immersing yourself in our analytics and by leveraging browser-based debugging tools.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of digital skills including Agile development practices, task / project management, a strong understanding of HTML / CSS and quality assurance methods. They will be able to write product specifications and technical user stories to brief in our internal development team.
In addition, outstanding communication and organisation skills are required to manage the many and varied stakeholders across a variety of issues and projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the production and development of digital editorial and commercial initiatives across all Condé Nast titles
- Work with other members of the product team to develop and prioritise our roadmap and communicate our priorities to the wider business
- Serve as a conduit between editorial and commercial teams and developers and provide a buffer when necessary. Keep the development team focused on the work that matters
- Manage key relationships with 3rd parties (e.g. digital agencies, app platform vendors) to ensure ongoing projects & BAU are delivered efficiently and in-line with business objectives
- Own the full lifecycle of an issue or project, including risk assessment and management, business alignment, design, build, quality assurance, delivery and post-delivery support
- Provide basic website and troubleshooting support for internal users of the CN websites, and insure that issues are triaged efficiently
- Provide and maintain easy to use, helpful documentation for our internal tools and resources
- Apply proven project management skills and process to ensure we ship high-quality digital products within agreed timeframes
- Work independently with key stakeholders on the delivery of ad-hoc projects and communications
- Be willing to implement new organisational process(es) where none existed previously, and to discard any processes that aren’t working
- Key Relationships: Product Team, Digital Design Team, Editorial Teams (Print and Digital), Development Team, Commercial and Ad Operations Team, Condé Nast International Digital Team, 3rd -party vendors and partners
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain issues to a range of different people, from developers to non-digital people.
- Solid digital and production skills with the ability to learn new digital tools and concepts quickly
- Good working knowledge and experience of HTML and CSS
- Experience with the digital editorial toolkit, including content management systems, media libraries, social media and content distribution platforms
- Familiarity with the tools commonly used by digital publishers at scale, including APIs, CDNs, ad servers, analytics suites, and data storage
- A high level of diplomacy and tact and ability to interact with high-level management
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- A keen interest to learn and further develop your skills with a fast-moving digital team