Here at Treatwell, we are changing the way people book their hair and beauty services. Today we are the biggest beauty bookings platform in Europe working with over 30,000 salons, processing over 1 million orders per month and operating across 11 countries. Our success to date is down to 500 passionate and brilliantly-talented people working together to harness the power of beauty, and the beauty of technology.
However, we are not even close to being done. Today, less than 5% of hair and beauty is booked online – that’s tiny. We believe that booking online is inevitable and our mission is to give every customer their perfect hair and beauty experience, and to revolutionise an industry.
Here in the Treatwell Product Design Team we are designing delightful user experiences that people love using and help Treatwell grow as a business. Each designer is part of a cross functional team, focusing on designing for one our products. Our design process combines research, prototyping, user testing, shipping, and following up with insights and A/B testing. We design in Sketch, share on Zeplin and stay flexible and nimble. Our design is built on a system that adapts to each platform, whether it’s web, iOS or Android’s Material design.
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Product Designer to help us achieve our vision to make the Treatwell marketplace mobile apps the best way for our customers to discover, book and manage all of their hair and beauty experiences. We believe that our iOS and Android marketplace apps are the future of our business, so it’s a big role to take on alongside the Product Manager. You’ll be in charge of pushing our app interactions and design to the next level, breaking down the barriers and hassle of booking and managing appointments and making it a frequently used utility for the masses.
Being the only player in the market across Europe brings its own challenges. Sometimes our business and user problems are known, sometimes they aren’t. As a designer at Treatwell you’ll work alongside a talented bunch of product managers to create prototypes, build A/B tests and contribute to focus groups. Continually validating the solutions you’re proposing are the right ones and once launched you will then re-validate the experience, to ensure you nailed it.
You’ll work alongside other product designers to define and evolve Treatwell’s design patterns, process and principles, aligning with the Brand team to ensure a consistent online and offline experience.
We want to be known for, and proud of the customer experience we deliver and you’ll need to consider this upon every interaction you design. The experience should be emotive, creating micro moments of delight for consumers and ultimately removing the friction of managing your hair/beauty experiences.
- You have designed multiple apps, including both user flows and interface design, with a deep understanding iOS and Android as platforms.
- You have a passion for defining and using scalable design systems.
- You see what you’re building as a journey, rather than simply bolting on a new idea.
- You are intrigued by users and their psychology, determined to understand how our products will actually operate in the hands.
- You have a solid understanding of how software is built and able to communicate your ideas and the user journey to our software engineers.
- You get a kick out of shipping experiences you are proud of and really thinks will drive the product and business forward.
- Experience in validating solutions with users and A/B testing is an advantage.
- You have an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and solving problems, both in visual aesthetics and user experience.
- You understand the importance of, and relationships between, quality, productivity and value in software development.
- You’ll also have an interest in other design elements such as typography, illustrations or icon design.
- You like to have fun at work!
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Holiday Policy
- Free monthly £50 Treatwell vouchers
- Funds for attending conferences and training
- Benefits platform offering childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, high street discounts and more
- Enhanced parental pay & leave policy
- Wellness fund towards group employee fitness activities
- Fully stocked kitchen with free breakfast, fruit and barista coffee
- Friday social event every week
- Most importantly the opportunity to work alongside a talented entrepreneurial team in the heart of London (WC1V)