Continually expanding our technical team is one of the reasons for our success here at Smart. We may operate in the pensions sector, but we very much see ourselves as a disruptive tech company.
With a technical team of 30 people and more projects and products in the pipeline requiring greater resources, we are now looking to hire 2 product owners with pensions knowledge to help lead the projects and scrum teams working on pensions technical issues.
- Work with stakeholders and the tech team to define a new product, including problem and business case analysis.
- Create requirements, user stories, product specifications, acceptance criteria, and prototypes in collaboration with the development team and counterparts in other business areas.
- Act as subject matter expert for pensions technical issues.
- Identify and own product KPI’s.
- Lead stakeholder management for the team(s) you are working in.
- Own and develop highly consumable and actionable documentation for all projects.
- Manage releases with the product with developer team leaders.
- Become the authority on your product area.
- Take the project through QA and sign off with relevant depts and transition into production.
- Experience of working in a product owner role within a fast scaling company.
- Detailed technical pensions knowledge.
- Experience of pensions products is essential.
- Business analysis skills including requirements analysis, business process modelling, workshop facilitation.
- Strong technical writing skills with native English proficiency.
- Ability to evaluate/ understand product interactions from both an integrator’s and end-user’s point of view.
- Strong product management skills with a strong technical skillset using API based software.
- Strong prioritisation skills with a data led approach.
- Track record of delivering products from ideation through adoption.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to influence and build consensus across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Our platform is a Ruby on Rails based backend with JS front end so knowledge here would be beneficial as well.
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
- Auto-Enrolment Pension scheme. The company matches your contributions up to 5%.
- £500 personal training budget per year to spend on courses or conferences.
- Health Insurance (via Benenden).
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.