Culture Trip is a start-up inspiring millions of people to explore the world’s culture and creativity through a global network of local content creators and innovative technology. Our content reaches over 18 million visitors and 200 million social media users every month, and we recently featured in Forbes as one of five fast-growing businesses to watch in 2017.
Culture Trip was founded by London-based, former academic psychiatrist Dr Kris Naudts. After a few years of bootstrapping and experimenting, we received a seed round of $2 million by top media/tech investors in summer 2015. This was followed by a $20 million Series A investment in summer 2016. Since then, Culture Trip has ramped up its technological capabilities and editorial output, building initial sales teams in London and New York. From only 12 employees in summer 2016, we’ve grown to more than 140 in-house staff, hiring top talent from Google, Facebook, Buzzfeed, Condé Nast, The Guardian and ITV.
We see ourselves as a tech company at our core, with media and creative work as our output. We’re passionate about bringing compelling content to every corner of the world through our global community of writers, videographers, photographers, and illustrators. Within the last few months, our growth across our social media accounts has been in the triple digits, with our Facebook account ranked as one of the top three travel brands on the platform worldwide. Over 18 million people visit Culture Trip’s website each month (up from 2.5 million MUVs in the early 2017) and more than 800k people have installed our app.
We are set for yet more explosive growth and are going through a major recruitment drive for our editorial, commercial, technology and social teams around the world. Our vision is to bring the world to everyone.
You are an energetic and organised Product Manager with experience using data-driven decisions to create positive product updates benefiting both the user and business. As an operationally experienced PM you will have the ability to drive projects as well as product to completion. You should have a proven track-record working with world class engineering teams on consumer facing products preferably involving media, search, recommendations and travel. As a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, you should think outside the box and take the initiative to continuously take our products to the next level.
This is a great opportunity to join an exciting and successful early stage startup in a dynamic and fast moving space. You will be responsible for helping drive Culture Trips e-commerce bookable experiences offering which will start with hotel bookings. Part of this role will be to operationally run the projects surrounding the successful delivery of the products we plan to build. Therefore, experience managing projects would be a bonus (but not essential). You need to be passionate about data and building a truly global product experience for millions of end users.
- Working with the Director of Product to define the direction of the Bookable Experience roadmap.
- Defining the backlog and executing this with a local cross-functional team which includes Product Management, Data Science, Design and Engineering.
- Analysing user behaviour in conjunction with our data science team to understand our offering and make improvements for the user and business needs.
- Understanding our active marketing channels and opportunities we are exploring.
- Collaborating with the engineering team in Tel Aviv and London to determine the best technical implementation methods.
- Working with other Product Managers presenting your findings, results and roadmap.
- Being responsible for timely, efficient delivery and handle releases.
- Understanding and deeply caring about customer needs.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Product management experience preferably with consumer facing products involving media, travel, search, recommendation or personalisation.
- Proven ability analysing data.
- Excellent analytical skills, paired with experience in using analytics software.
- Understands the use of A/B testing, how to structure experiments and structure results.
- Experience in defining and presenting product roadmaps.
- Significant people and organizational management skills.
- The ability to flourish in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting and drive new initiatives.
- Experience with Agile, the Product Owner role and working within cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams across content, social media, commercial, design and high tech.
- Strong sense of ownership, paired with great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team setting.