Volkswagen Group of America (VWGoA) is the parent company of Audi, Volkswagen, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, Ducati, and VW Credit, Inc. (VCI) in the US. As the financial arm of Audi, Volkswagen and Ducati, VCI focuses on providing financing, insurance and ancillary products for customers who lease or finance cars, and we are working towards creating great experiences throughout their shopping, buying and post-purchase experiences.
As part of the Global Volkswagen Group’s “Route 2025” strategy, large investments are being made globally toward becoming the industry leader across multiple areas including Digital products and experiences. Here in the US, VCI is redefining and building its digital experiences, products, and features as part of this overall growth strategy.
This role will own the conceptualization, delivery and growth of VCI’s digital retail experience and products for Audi, VW and Ducati across both Canada and the US. As part of the Digital Build team, he/she will have the opportunity to discover and create the next generation of online automotive shopping and buying experiences.
This role is focused on digitally building out how customers research their financing options, apply for financing, learn about vehicle protection products and purchase ancillary services such as insurance in the context of their overall car buying experience. This role sits within the Digital Consumer Experience and Digital Build team at VCI and is a new role on a new team. We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and entrepreneurial Product Owner who has successfully built, launched and scaled products in a startup or at a big company. To fit in, you have to go deep on customer and dealer needs and data, and be excited about delivering amazingly simple experiences that will set the foundation for their future relationship with VCI, the Brands we support, and their vehicle. You have to true everything back to the customer, ensuring you’re both solving a need for them and delivering business value through a technically sound product.
This role will have visibility to the senior management teams of VCI, Audi, Volkswagen, and Ducati so it will be critical for this product manager to have exceptional communication and influence skills.
Responsibilities Will Include
- Setting a vision for what the digital retailing future looks like for VCI, across brands and dealers
- Developing and managing the product roadmap for the digital car buying experience; aligning product improvements to support vision, goals and opportunities
- Maintaining and growing a deep knowledge of the retail and automotive industries, specifically from the point of view of how technology is being applied to power the customer experience from shopping to purchase
- Leading consumer and dealer research and synthesizing it into relevant features and experiences
- Building business cases for the product roadmap and features, and continuously trueing back to defined customer and business KPIs
- Maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure product plans are aligned with objectives/plans
- Establishing product testing plans and building roadmaps
- Defining product requirements, stories and personas; rationalizing and managing a product backlog
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics; monitor performance, identify and drive improvement opportunities