The Cadasta Foundation has developed a global platform to help marginalized communities and individuals document their rights and interests in land, property, and resources. We are seeking a Product Manager to connect our partner needs to our platform development as we implement technology-based solutions for collecting and documenting land information.
As a member of a small team, the Product Manager has the opportunity to work on programs globally through analysis of partner and beneficiary needs, while participating in Cadasta Platform development by guiding priorities and features. Not only will you be working with partners and the Cadasta team to help identify needs and implement solutions, you will contribute to strategic direction and have first-hand access & influence at all levels of the organization. The Product Manager will drive the development of the platform based on user needs, long term vision for the platform, and trends in technology and land administration processes. Flexibility and a willingness to chip in, collaborate, and learn are key in this role.
Our ideal candidate for the position has experience as a product manager working with teams building software-as-a-service products.
- Assess partner needs, document requirements, and recommend appropriate tools;
- Communicate partner needs to the development team based on experience with partners and input from the Cadasta field support team;
- Manage Scrum process as Product Manager and drive development of the Cadasta Platform, with input from senior leadership and the Cadasta programs team;
- Create and maintain product backlog, and review and drive testing of each platform release;
- Assist in troubleshooting and support of platform; and
- Contribute to overall strategy for Cadasta and lead definition of platform roadmap.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experiences
- Experience delivering high-quality web-based software;
- Strong understanding of the complete software development lifecycle;
- Hands-on experience in product management and business analysis;
- Experience managing a technical product throughout its lifecycle;
- Experience working with software development teams and with mapping / GIS software;
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile principles and practices;
- Collaborates well in a team environment;
- Proficient English oral and written communication skills; Other languages certainly a plus;
- Must be able to work in a variety of social and cultural settings around the world; and
- Collaboration with a distributed team and regular meetings with development team will require work outside of standard business hours.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experiences
- Previous work in the ICT and/or GIS for Development sector;
- Familiarity with land administration sector;
- Previous contributions to systems designed for use in low-bandwidth, low-tech environments.
Cadasta is committed not only to a people-first approach as a social good endeavour, but as an invigorating place to work. We support our staff by using a flexible work structure that caters to your strengths, and a collaborative, learning-focused environment that helps you reach your full potential while making a positive impact on the world. When those efforts pay off, Cadasta celebrates those accomplishments in ways that are meaningful to you. As part of our team, your success is our success. We empower our staff by giving them ownership over their work and license to take risks. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- 20 days paid vacation annually plus 10 sick/personal leave days;
- 11 National holidays;
- Reimbursement for health, dental and vision insurance;
- Necessary IT tools;
- Conference attendance and training opportunities; and
- Additional, evolving benefits that take individual circumstances into consideration, and give further meaningful recognition of the value that our staff bring the organization.