At Co-op Digital we’re using digital technology to create better ways of doing business for our members, customers and communities. We’re agile, fast-moving, and innovative. And we’re building a team that reflects the rich diversity of the communities we serve. If you can bring us the inquisitive nature and excellent people skills we need, we can offer you the chance to learn new skills and build a career as a product manager with a business that’s using digital to make a difference.
As a product manager at Co-op Digital, you’ll sit at the crossroads between business, technology and user experience. We’ll look to you to root out and clarify user needs with researchers and designers; talk with and listen to members, customers and colleagues in the field, and become an expert in retail, funeralcare, insurance, or another of our business areas. Your ultimate goal will be to prioritise effectively and remove blockers so your multidisciplinary team can discover and create products that are easy to use, feasible to build, and loved by our customers, members and colleagues.
We have lots of ongoing projects currently at different stages, from discovery to alpha, beta and live. We’ve built Co-op Guardian – an award–winning, cloud-based application for our funeral homes that lets our colleagues spend more time with bereaved families. And we recently started a product to discover how we can help communities connect together to solve problems they care about. Take a look at our blog for more information about some of the different services we’re building.
What you’ll do:
- spot opportunities for innovation and efficiency, and turn these insights into concrete outcomes that align with our strategy
- define how your products get held to account, and make sure those metrics get tracked, including commercial accountability
- get people excited about what you’re going to make so they can be your champions and early adopters
- articulate your product vision to the team, and break up its delivery into meaningful, achievable goals
- translate user needs into compelling stories designers can use to draw user flows and interactions, and developers can use to build the product
- plan the pipeline and make sure wherever possible, tech and design patterns are reused
- lead, organise, inspire and unblock designers, developers, data scientists and others within the multidisciplinary team with sharp analysis and well-communicated decisions
- interpret how customers use our live products, and translate that data into new opportunities for features that solve real problemsTo be successful as our product manager, you’ll need natural curiosity, great people skills, and a proven track record in delivering digital products and services as part of an agile, multi-disciplinary team. And an ability to tell compelling stories that’ll inspire and energise a diverse team of designers, developers and researchers.
We’d love to talk to you if:
- you have experience of agile development/delivery
- you’ve got a background contributing to the delivery of digital services
- you’re naturally curious and keen to discover what your users need
- you can collaborate with and influence all kinds of different people across different levels and backgrounds
- you’re a good storyteller who can present a compelling vision to your team
- you’re keen to learn and develop your skillsDon’t worry if you have a job title of Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Lead, or Product-whatever. We’re interested in talking to people with the right behaviours to become a great Product Manager, regardless of background. Of course, if you’re already a Product Manager we’d love to hear from you too!
When you join the Co-op, you’ll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a competitive salary, 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service), an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to suit their personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
You can find out more about what’s going on right now in Co-op Digital and follow us on Twitter.