Group Product Manager for Media Production Management
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 18WD28853
Shotgun is for teams that make media. It is business critical for over 1000 of the world’s greatest studios in Film, TV, and Games (with early growth in other industries such as Design Studios in the Automotive industry). It is used to manage some of the most demanding projects that can have thousands of digital artists, in multiple countries, operating 24/7, sometimes in different companies, working on fast changing productions that are being constantly planned and replanned. Our clients bring some of the most amazing stories to life (check out some of their work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2KlFmoSyE). Shotgun helps them collaboratively plan, schedule, manage, track and stay organized. It also helps them communicate and collaborate around the media they are producing. (You can read more about how our clients use Shotgun here https://www.shotgunsoftware.com/client-stories/).
Shotgun is part of Autodesk – the company that makes software for people who make things – giving us the backing to continue our rapid growth as the global market leader in professional media production.
It is time to take the collaboration tools we provide to the next level. If you want to help create the next generation of project management tools for media production then we’d like to hear from you.
You would mentor and manage a team of Product Managers focused on helping our customers with their project management, task assignment and tracking, scheduling, customized reporting and business insights. In partnership with UX Design and Engineering leaders, you would drive this entire area of the business. The role works alongside other Group Product Managers, managing similar teams, and reports to the Director of Product Management. The role has responsibility for everything Shotgun provides for Producers/Production Managers to successfully run complex media productions. Delivered as a web SaaS product, we are looking for a leader experienced in defining product visions, roadmaps, product discovery, customer validation, delivery, experimentation and data-driven optimization. This is a ‘hands-on’ role, with an emphasis on ‘shipping’. Also, we have highly engaged (and visually creative customers) and you would work closely with the Director of Design to help us transform our tools into a truly great user experience.
You would be joining a passionate team of Product Managers and Designers based in our offices in LA, San Francisco, London and Montreal. Our preferred location for this role is San Francisco.
- Taking complete ownership of an area of the overall Shotgun product set
- Managing and mentoring a team of passionate Product Managers
- Defining and articulating what the strategy and roadmap should be
- Bringing coherence to the projects within a single product initiative
- Ensuring that we constantly validate with our passionate customers
- Partnering with our designers to deliver ‘consumer-grade’ UX
- Partnering with our engineer leaders to constantly deliver features that wow our customers and help them succeed
- An experienced product person – someone who has at least 7 years experience product managing a software application/service- this is a ‘been there and done it’ role
- Experienced in products relevant to Shotgun (think project management, production management, coordination technologies) and the mindset for a SaaS product
- Leader with 2+ years of mentoring and managing other Product Managers (exceptionally a Principle level Product Manager looking to take on new management responsibilities)
- Proven track record of ‘leading from the front’ to ship awesome products
- User and design centric (a background of working with designers every day, digging deep into analytics, running A/B test and never misses an opportunity to talk to customers)
- Passion for creating the next generation of production management and collaboration tools
- Experience of creative industries such as Film Production, VFX, Games and Design Studios
- Experience using production management tools such as Shotgun in a production environment
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.