We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced product manager at Wandera (www.wandera.com), a rapidly expanding cloud enterprise mobility vendor. Wandera has created a new category called Mobile Data Gateway, which helps businesses better manage their mobile data usage through savings, visibility and control, all from one cloud platform.
Recognized as Cool Vendor by Gartner, the company is founded and managed by a team of experienced tech entrepreneurs who previously built the leading cloud web security firm, ScanSafe, acquired by Cisco for $200 million in 2010. Wandera is well financed and backed by leading global venture capitalist firm, Bessemer Venture Partners, investors in Skype, Box and LinkedIn. Wandera has global operations with key hubs in San Francisco and London, England.
The company is looking for a senior product executive who will work closely with the existing team and report directly to the CEO. As a product manager at Wandera you are expected to own a product completely from end to end. This includes customer research, MVP design and iteration, working with engineering and QA through development sprints and launch-related customer communication and documentation.
You will have broad product experience from a security and cloud services or mobile background where you will have demonstrated strong technical knowledge, and excelled at defining and designing solutions and then ensuring these products are delivered to customers.
• Be the owner of features and products, end to end
• Identify market opportunities, build the business case and work with stakeholders across
product, sales and leadership teams to prioritize these projects
• Design and iterate on customer experience via wireframes
• Work with engineering in product design and initial estimates. Many of the projects
involve complex ‘big data’ algorithms and you’re expected to drive defining these
• Work closely with engineering through the development sprints, constantly prioritizing
and clarifying requirements
• Keep a pulse on the competition and market trends, and socialize this knowledge
throughout the organization
• Write release notes, maintain user guides, define demo data and drive all product-
related customer communication
We are looking for self-starting, highly motivated team members that have passion, energy and creativity and are looking for new challenges.
• 5-7 years experience as a product manager for an enterprise security company with cloud and/or mobile experience preferable. Experience with fast-growing start up a plus
• Strong technical background. Ability to run database queries, understanding of REST/SOA architecture, judgment on engineering complexity while defining requirements
• Experience working in an agile software development environment
• Strong written and verbal communications to engage with both customers as well as
• Commitment to see projects and problems through to completion
• A Bachelors degree, ideally in Computer Science/Engineering or Informational Systems